Not connected, Your IP: 100.26.35.111
Nano Fernandez

Automatically switch server (IP) after xx minutes

Hello I would like to automatically switch server each xx minutes.
Is there already an implementation for it?
If not:
- How can I approach it by myself? Is there a way of controlling the user interface with for example Python, so that I can implement the automatic switching?
- Could be possible to see this implementation in a future version os Airvpn? I think it would be a huge increase in security that many ussers would appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Nano Fernandez said:

Is there already an implementation for it?

Nope. And there probably never will be, see below.

I think it would be a huge increase in security that many ussers would appreciate

Your suggestion has no security benefit – security in the sense of integrity and confidentiality of whatever you're doing inside a tunnel.
What you mean is probably safety. But your suggestion only caters to a feeling of safety, and this is deceptive.

The project you're probably looking for is Tor, the design of which far exceeds OpenVPN's capabilities for periodic, more or less random changes in a connection chain. Connect to a VPN server to encrypt the tunnel, then add a layer of even more encryption via Tor. This does not only add true safety but also security of the connection as a whole.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Okay... security or safety... any increase in any of them would be appreciated.

My concern is to restrict the access to my pc by any hacker, assuming I am not an internet security expert.
Once (2014 +/- ) I saw the arrow of my mouse moving and clicking in different forlders despite of my pc being connected with a vpn. I unplugled the LAN cable and for sure that stopped the hacking. (followed by: + formating +reinstall +antivirus and so on... )

Please correct me if I am wrong with this: If someboby gains access to my pc, as soon as my vpn automatically changes to another server and consequently also another IP, the gained access to my PC is cut.
Is that rigth?

I can see that many of the other vpn in the market have the option of rotating server every xx minutes decided by the user.
Consecuently I would like to understand why you say " your suggestion only caters to a feeling of safety " (?)

Okay... security or safety... any increase in any of them would be appreciated.

That is unltimately your responsibility. OpenVPN should be one of a few "modules" in your security system, not the only one.

My concern is to restrict the access to my pc by any hacker, assuming I am not an internet security expert.

Access to the whole local network should be by default locked down completely from the outside, any consumer-grade router comes preconfigured like that. There are no doors into your computer except for those you open yourself.

Once (2014 +/- ) I saw the arrow of my mouse moving and clicking in different forlders despite of my pc being connected with a vpn. I unplugled the LAN cable and for sure that stopped the hacking. (followed by: + formating +reinstall +antivirus and so on... )

If I were such an individual, I wouldn't have announced myself like that, silence gets me waay further than yelling into the room that I'm here. The more plausible explanation is that you or someone else opened the door to your PC somehow before, maybe through a successful scam at some point, and someone connected back to you some time later when he/she thought you weren't looking. Reinstalling was the correct thing to do, though.

Please correct me if I am wrong with this: If someboby gains access to my pc, as soon as my vpn automatically changes to another server and consequently also another IP, the gained access to my PC is cut.
Is that rigth?

Well… no. Screen sharing software for example is smart enough to tell the attacker the connection is down, after which the sharing client surely will reconnect via the new VPN connection. Attacker may get a notification that the victim is online again, reconnects to the victim and the fun continues.

I can see that many of the other vpn in the market have the option of rotating server every xx minutes decided by the user.

Yes, some of them listen to popular demand, no matter its sense. Massive plus points for customer care, of course, but if the measure is a placebo, you're ultimately tricking the customer into thinking they are safe.

Always know that VPNs don't solve problems you have on your local PC. They can only be seen as building stones in your security concept. If you click the wrong link, your computer gets infected, no matter if it was clicked while being connected to a VPN or not.
Most people don't even need such a concept. Their only threat are malicious links they weren't able to filter out, either through technical means or simply by using the all-in-one security solution brain.exe.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

12 hours ago, Nano Fernandez said:

Is that rigth?

The malware (remote access) phones home and announces to them your new location. Actually it does not care how you are conncted to the internet, it just needs any connection. VPN or not.
Furthermore, all software on your PC (if sophisticated enough) could bypass your VPN connection and instead communicate over the regular ISP line. The only way to guard against this paranoid example:
  1. VPN runs on your host OS and you do everything inside a Virtual Machine (e.g. VirtualBox) that is set to ONLY use the VPN connection.
  2. You have a good firewall and set it in strict mode to control any manual attempts to escape the VPN tunnel.
The example I'm talking about is a quite deep concept, you probably don't need to worry about it.
Anyway, keep your computer free of malware. You learned your lesson.

With regards to automatic reconnets: it makes sense under limited scenarios only. I sort of agree with @OpenSourcerer. If you actually wanted to see improvements: connect via Tor (and pay with crypto) or manually chain multiple VPN providers' servers. By the time anyone reached a 3rd hop (unraveling your traces), too much time will have passed, even without Tor.

This is slightly different than a pure AirVpn IP swap, but IF you used TOR on top of Air then the tor server would change about every 10 minutes automatically.  Your Air connection would be locked and secure and the tor bundle would run behind it.  You are safe AND the exit node IP's keep rotating.  Sounds like maybe this would work for you.  .02