Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.22.225
winniethepoou

Binance thinks im from USA but my connections is from Canada?

This has been happening to me for a while now (1-2 months). Its been bothering me to the point I have to ask airvpn and the community for an possible explanation how this is even possible. Are our connections being secretly routed to the usa or something? This is highly suspicious, may someone please help me understand whats going on? Thanks

whatdoesthismean.thumb.jpg.24392adc8c9f0d98aa836e12c3f26006.jpg

The IP address on that web page is a very different one from the AirVPN exit. I hope it's not your ISP one. It may hint at a misconfiguration.
We might learn more if you would kindly share the support file in Logs tab > lifebelt icon. Upload or paste it here while you're connected and you see a different IP address from what is shown there.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thats not my ISP address, nor am I in the USA. I have done this test before when I noticed this the first couple of times. When I go to ipleak website to test it shows the exit IP of airVPN. But on binance it says its something different. This GOES AWAY when i switch airvpn servers. Funny thing is its always from Downers Grove USA. I guess this goes deeper then I thought. If Im being Men in middle attacked wouldnt it show too on ipleak? Would me posting my logs reveal anything about my IP address? 

That's very weird. Are you absolutely sure no one else is using your Binance account? I can't see how a 50.x.x.x IP can be there if you use a CA server with 162.x.x.x and your ISP is different, too. Unless, of course, you use a proxy, but you would've mentioned that.
50.x.x.x IP seems to belong to FDCservers.net, a hosting provider. Can't remember AirVPN having servers in there, so not sure where that comes from.
MITM with OpenVPN is very unlikely happening. OpenVPN should be most resilient against that.

4 hours ago, winniethepoou said:

Would me posting my logs reveal anything about my IP address? 

IPv6 addresses starting with 2 may reveal your true location. Private IPv4 starting with 10, 172 or 192.168 are okay to post.

@OpenSourcerer
@WinniethePooh

Hello!

Yes, that 50.x.y.z is an address of one of our micro-routing servers. Certainly Binance must have been "micro-routed" for some anti-blocking purpose after customers' requests. This information should clarify and resolve the "enigma".

Kind regards

3 hours ago, Staff said:

Yes, that 50.x.y.z is an address of one of our micro-routing servers. Certainly Binance must have been "micro-routed" for some anti-blocking purpose after customers' requests. This information should clarify and resolve the "enigma".

I ruled this option out because OP had accessed Binance at least once using the AirVPN server exit IP. But this could've happened while AirDNS was not used, I see that.
There is no way to pull rerouting servers' IP addresses publically, but that's probably for the best. In any case, now I know. Thanks for the clarification. 

5 hours ago, Staff said:
@OpenSourcerer
@WinniethePooh

Hello!

Kind regards

Is there a way this can be fixed? Users who are not from the US but are using AirVPN can have their accounts suspended until KYC information is provided if this micro-routing remains in place. It must be AirVPN wide as it is occurring on Dorado as well.

12 hours ago, wyrickre said:

I'm now seeing this issue, too.  What are my options?

Don't use the VPN?

On 5/1/2021 at 8:19 AM, OpenSourcerer said:

I can't see how a 50.x.x.x IP can be there if you use a CA server with 162.x.x.x and your ISP is different, too.

I can second that....only difference is that it happens in Qbit.
Detected external IP: 50.7.x.x

Doesn't the AirVPN micro-routing only happen if you use the AirVPN DNS server? If you don't care about micro-routing, could you suppress the DNS pushed from AirVPN? I believe Eddie or the other wrappers allow this? I don't use a wrapper.  Or add the "pull-filter ignore dhcp-option " OpenVPN option.

If the DNS servers normally used on your PC are not local and cannot be reached over AirVPN, or you just don't want to use them while using the VPN, you could set them to the Cloudflare DNS servers instead of what your ISP/router provides via DHCP. They would be OK (better?) to use without the VPN too, wouldn't they?

Hello!

Now we do not enforce any micro-routing to Binance, we have just re-checked and we have tested from Netherlands servers to confirm. Can you please re-check now?

Kind regards

On 9/30/2021 at 2:25 PM, Staff said:

Now we do not enforce any micro-routing to Binance, we have just re-checked and we have tested from Netherlands servers to confirm. Can you please re-check now?

Hello,

I am getting the following login activity results since 9/22:

Out of ten logins, the log indicates a single IP address different than the one displayed in Eddie.

Each Binance login is recorded as two login entries within a minute of each other.

In the Binance login, within a single minute, one instance of the two logins has an IP from a different country.

The instance occured accessing a Spain AirVPN server.

IMPORTANT:  If you use the Binance client instead of logging in via a web browser, you will be logged in with your real IP address, the one you get from your ISP.

You will see that IP address in the email they send you when you log in.

The Binance client uses much less CPU resources than their website when using the charts from Trading View (that's a setting on the page where you see the charts).

For people who are in the USA (travelling or residing), this can cause your account to be frozen.

on my end, the IP I get on the Binance desktop client is the Eddie IP address or at time another IP from some other country unrelated to my real IP.

getting the same issue today, connected through one of the NL servers (on my router). Ipleak shows correct IP and no leaks but when I tried to log in to Binance it saw me as accessing from USA(Chicago) and immediately popped up the warning. Had to switch to reserve vpn provider server in NL just in case as Binance is easy on locking accounts when it comes to US<>rest of the world discrepancies. I think all micro routing for Binance should be disabled