Not connected, Your IP: 18.206.12.31
T2733V2

ANSWERED Eddie - Unlock (Wrong password) Network lock issues

Posted ... (edited)

Hey guys, 

Wondering what my problem is and in the meantime is there a way to remove network lock without Eddie using terminal code?

Basically after a restart Eddie has a new looking password box, requesting me to unlock eddie, not raise privileges usual box, though at the same time at boot up. anyway I have only ever put in my user password here. The only computer pass I have. 
I know it's the one as I have to type it to edit my system prefs and network settings. 

Has anyone else encountered this new box? And if anyone can help me get on the net in the meantime, any suggestions much appreciated.  Running Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalina

cheers

Edited ... by T2733V2

1 hour ago, T2733V2 said:

Wondering what my problem is and in the meantime is there a way to remove network lock without Eddie using terminal code?

I can imagine it working with pfctl. Try reading its manual.

1 hour ago, T2733V2 said:

Basically after a restart Eddie has a new looking password box, requesting me to unlock eddie, not raise privileges usual box, though at the same time at boot up. anyway I have only ever put in my user password here. The only computer pass I have. 

You'll need to post a screenshot of it.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Cheers I shall have look into that. I have since found the usual toggle around back and fourth with Apple Network 'location' has yielded success with net access. But not solving my Eddie client issue.

This is the first normal pass request, to raise privileges. 

But is followed by this new addition...

745150455_Screenshot2021-04-30at14_26_29.png.7b957a736ba881edc821fa615661bd87.png

Appreciate the help and response. 

252104867_Screenshot2021-04-30at14_26_16.thumb.png.13914f7e63eb44b8c153cfa836e06642.png

Oh, I see. The first is from macOS itself, to raise privileges, as you noted.
The second is the password to decrypt the Eddie profile (the default.profile file). You could've set Eddie Preferences > General > Profile data protection to Password at some point.

On 4/30/2021 at 4:40 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

Oh, I see. The first is from macOS itself, to raise privileges, as you noted.
The second is the password to decrypt the Eddie profile (the default.profile file). You could've set Eddie Preferences > General > Profile data protection to Password at some point.

Damn, suspect so, not intentionally, but I'm aware these things don't typically just happen out of the blue. Maybe my young son, or something else.
Is there a way to remove this preference or setting without the pass, the deleting eddie and all the plists I could find doesn't seem to have worked. 

Appreciate your responses and help on this. Currently have internet so not major, but can't use Air VPN. I guess I can manually configure, but I'm no expert. Sort of rely on Eddie for ease of use. 

4 hours ago, T2733V2 said:

Is there a way to remove this preference or setting without the pass, the deleting eddie and all the plists I could find doesn't seem to have worked. 

Erm, go to the mentioned setting and choose None? :D

On 5/3/2021 at 4:08 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

Erm, go to the mentioned setting and choose None? :D
haha.. fair play that would be a hilarious oversight, but I can't open Eddie to change anything in Eddie's settings. That's why we are here, trying to get me 'in' to the Eddie app. 

2 hours ago, T2733V2 said:

haha.. fair play that would be a hilarious oversight, but I can't open Eddie to change anything in Eddie's settings. That's why we are here, trying to get me 'in' to the Eddie app. 

You didn't explicitly mention that you can't access the app. I took the whole thread as being curious about why the second dialog appears. If that's the case, you need to delete the eddie.profile file in your user directory. It's in /Users/(username)/.config/eddie/.

On 5/5/2021 at 8:37 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

You didn't explicitly mention that you can't access the app. I took the whole thread as being curious about why the second dialog appears. If that's the case, you need to delete the eddie.profile file in your user directory. It's in /Users/(username)/.config/eddie/.
That is true. Apols. I wasn't explicitly clear about that aspect. We could have solved this in 2 messages if I was! 

I thank you, for all your time and aiding me in fixing the issue. Deleting the profile file solved that. Hero!