Not connected, Your IP: 44.212.94.2
Terry Stanford

Is there a list of 'good' servers with cleaner history?

I am having quite a few problems with rejections due to my IP/server.

I just tried to access Wordpress Admin for a site I own myself and I can't get in. I was on a Netherlands server, I changed to a UK server and still no good. I just wondered if there's a list of servers I could whitelist to avoid these problems, maybe servers which are newer or cleaner somehow?

I get the error "Access to this resource on this server is denied".

It happens quite often, usually I switch to another server and after 1 or 2 tries I eventually get access. Just wondered if I can avoid it

Is this website a Wordpress blog under the wordpress.com domain or standalone? If the former, could be a wordpress.com-level block, possibly to prevent VPN users from masking their malicious intent. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

haha. No it's a self-hosted domain based installation of Wordpress. However it's not relevant, I just gave the WP site as today's example but I get this problem fairly regularly on certain servers, hence I wondered if anyone has a list of known 'bad' v 'good' ones. I would happily use bad ones most the time, but it would be good to know which one to switch to when I get a problem. For another example, I set up a VPS with a company a few months back. They kept banning my logins (even to root access) as well as to the billing area. I queried it with them and the reply said "Your IP is a known Tor exit node, we don't allow access from those".  I changed server a couple of times and finally hit a good one which let me in.

It's not so easy. People can mostly do what they like behind the VPN, including setting up Tor exits. I'm regularly speaking against doing so because the implications for other AirVPN users are greater than the gain for the Tor community.
Also, nothing says that a "good" server will not turn bad at some point. Plus, it's not like a subset of servers are blocked everywhere and another is not; if that was the case, all people would always use good ones. ;) No, it depends on the service you want to access. Some block Tor exits forever, others only bad IPs for some time only.

aaah, i didn't know that thanks, didn't know people do it on VPN service too - STOP IT YOU IDIOTS!!!
I think I read somewhere (years ago) that Air support Tor project and run some exit nodes, so when I was told my IP was a Tor exit I just assumed it was meant to be one!
Thanks for explaining :)

6 minutes ago, Terry Stanford said:

I think I read somewhere (years ago) that Air support Tor project and run some exit nodes, so when I was told my IP was a Tor exit I just assumed it was meant to be one!

Air runs some 100 MBit/s relay nodes and funds exit nodes. :) I think it was me writing the above in the past at various points, but it's not the case. I'd have gone back to the posts and corrected this misinformation if I found those threads again. 8 years of being here does leave an impressive yet difficult to skim through collection of one's own posts. :D