Not connected, Your IP: 3.95.2.54
platzy398

Craigslist returning This IP has been automatically blocked. If you have questions, please email: blocks-b1590618676770288@craigslist.org

Hello, when I navigate to https://www.craigslist.org/ and select any city, and then any category for listings for sale or more or less anything on the page for the location (such as https://auburn.craigslist.org/) I receive:

This IP has been automatically blocked.
If you have questions, please email: blocks-b1590618676770288@craigslist.org

I have USA set in my 'Countries' tab in Eddie for the whitelist. I receive the error when connecting to (just spot checked several at random):

Hercules
Virgo
Sneden
Kruger
Fang
etc...

I don't have the available time to check all the entries for the USA. If I change to Canada I seem to be able to navigate to craigslist, but then experience many other unfavorable side effects like google search results pointing me to ca sites, multiple notifications and many extra hoops to jump through when logging in to ebay or other sites that require several extra captchas and additional steps, other issues as well.

I didn't used to have this issue and could navigate to Craigslist when connected to any USA location in Eddie. Has something changed? What is the solution?

I too am trying to navigate using US servers, but all of them seem banned. I hope someone can guide us to the right direction. 

Hi AirVPN support, just checking back on this to see if there any update that can be provided or an ETA? Having to switch to another non-US country to visit a site as common as Craigslist is quite a hassle and not what I expected out of AirVPN. When connected to a non-US country the amount of extra captchas has not been pleasant and in some cases I've been unable to login to very common sites, having to check emails to confirm or receiving extra text messages for two factor etc when logged in to non-USA locations, choosing the image of a fire hydrant on three different image pages on multiple sites etc, browser results returning in whichever country I'm connected through the VPN etc..  I believe Craigslist is in the like top 30 most visited websites in the USA. Hoping there is some solution, appreciate any input. Thanks. 

This is not AirVPN support, these are the community forums. If you wanted to reach professional support, please open a ticket.
Such automated bans might be a result of other users trying shady things on the platform and the system detecting them or it's simply a side effect of multiple people logging into accounts from different locations at similar times but from the same IP address since IP addresses are shared. In any case, it's a matter of Craigslist and no one can really do anything.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Just now, OpenSourcerer said:

This is not AirVPN support, these are the community forums. If you wanted to reach professional support, please open a ticket.
Such automated bans might be a result of other users trying shady things on the platform and the system detecting them or it's simply a side effect of multiple people logging into accounts from different locations at similar times but from the same IP address since IP addresses are shared. In any case, it's a matter of Craigslist and no one can really do anything.

I assumed that AirVPN support monitored and replied here on airvpn.com forums, I was not aware that is not the case. I'll open a ticket, but can you clarify what you mean by your response of "it's a matter of Craigslist and no one can really do anything."? 

6 hours ago, platzy398 said:

can you clarify what you mean by your response of "it's a matter of Craigslist and no one can really do anything."? 

AirVPN did not block access, Craigslist did. You can ask them to unblock it, but chances are access will be blocked again a short time later. That's what I meant – if it's blocked, it's blocked.

I responded to the email address from the Craigslist page (I believe it generates a new unique "blocks-xxxxx" number address each time you access)

I am connected to Sneden in Eddie / AirVPN and am able to get to Craigslist pages now while connected. 

Craigslist did not respond to my email, but possibly addressed something.... ? Hard to say without their response, but as of this morning I am able to access the pages now. I explained in detail what was happening, will see if this sticks or if I'll get the same message later on. Just wanted to add more information on it this morning since I was able to get to the pages now.

2 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Cool. See you next week, then? :)

:) ha - well, you probably know better than I do. This is my first rodeo with the issue, I guess will see how it goes. At least now I know I have to email Cragislist on this rather than reach out to AirVPN support (who did respond to the ticket BTW with the same info). 

Well, maybe you'll be one of the few who got lucky because your mails are glittering and smell good, so you can create a lasting unblock for AirVPN servers. :) It's not the norm, don't get used to it, is all I'm writing.

Well it's been over a month and still able to access Craigslist without any issue. Just thought I'd respond back, maybe they've gotten better at addressing these things on their end after reaching out.

… or nobody had the idea of being an arse on CL while using that particular server yet…