Not connected, Your IP: 18.190.152.38
cateatsdog

Raspberry Pi CLI setup -- I need help

I'm trying to follow :https://airvpn.org/suite/readme/ And I'm not really confident I know what's going on.

I want the raspberry pi to automatically login and connect to an airvpn server at boot, and disable all internet traffic when not connected to a airvpn (except allowing lan traffic for remote and samba).  So far I ran install.sh and enabled the Bluetit service.  I can manually connect to an airvpn server at keyword prompts, but have a few questions. 

1.  I get this error below, what does it mean that it's rejected by the network filter?  Does the error even matter since it seems to start back up again with no problems?

2021-03-01 11:40:48 Connected to AirVPN server Gorgonea, Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
2021-03-01 11:40:48 Server has pushed its own DNS. Removing system DNS from network filter.
2021-03-01 11:40:48 System DNS 192.168.1.1 is now rejected by the network filter
2021-03-01 11:41:44 ----------------------
2021-03-01 11:41:44 Connected to AirVPN server Gorgonea (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
2021-03-01 11:41:44 Users 61 - Load 80% - Bandwidth 50.42 Mbit/s - Max 1 Gbit/s
2021-03-01 11:41:44 Connection time: 00:00:59

2.  How do I make Goldcrest run in the background?  I can't do anything else in the terminal and if I close it, the vpn drops.

3. If I want to set up an automatic connection, do I need to edit both config files for Bluetit and Goldcrest?  And what is the difference between both programs?  It seems like Bluetit can connect to airvpn without using Goldcrest, but not the other way around.

4. What is the airkey used for?  Will it allow me to login to airvpn automatically using an encrypted form of my password?  

5.  How can I list the available servers or countries to connect to?  The example in the guide uses SE and it will list Sweden and Switzerland.  But what if I want all the airvpn countries listed?
goldcrest --air-list --air-country SE

Thank you and any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

1. I don't see any error.
  2. Use screen or tmux. Call screen with screen -R somename, start goldcrest in it, then detach with CTRL + A, D. Reattach with screen -r.
  3. There is only one config file I'm aware of, and that is goldcrest.rc. Your assessment is correct, Goldcrest is a command line frontend to Bluetit, while Bluetit is the actual OpenVPN daemon and AirVPN client.
  4. It's the key pair name in your account, configured in the client area. Since you can have five, it's a way for you to tell different devices for example apart.
  5. Try with the glob *, the dot . or all or something.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.