Not connected, Your IP: 52.205.159.48
Sign in to follow this  
Terry Stanford

Eddie 2.19.7 + Hummingbird 1.1.1 on macOS High Sierra

Hi, sorry to chip in here but a question for the OP... I run High Sierra too. I run several macs with several different OS's. I have a lot of trouble with Eddie on my High Sierra machine, runs fine on others. I have no clue what Hummbingbird is, about to go and look it up, but maybe you can comment on whether you find it a better siolution for connecting to AirVPN from High Sierra? Thanks

On 2/19/2021 at 6:50 PM, Terry Stanford said:

Hi, sorry to chip in here but a question for the OP... I run High Sierra too. I run several macs with several different OS's. I have a lot of trouble with Eddie on my High Sierra machine, runs fine on others. I have no clue what Hummbingbird is, about to go and look it up, but maybe you can comment on whether you find it a better siolution for connecting to AirVPN from High Sierra? Thanks

Hi Terry Stanford,
in my personal experience Eddie has been rock solid with High Sierra and I haven't tried any other solution because of this. A part from what it is being discussed here, which is the impossibility of running Hummingbird directly from within Eddie, I haven't tried other alternatives. I would suggest you to check your installation and use the latest version of Eddie. Other than that, I'm sorry that I can't help you any further, I'm not an expert.
Hope it helps.

1 hour ago, Staff said:
@Terry Stanford

Hummingbird for maCOS:
Kind regards

Thanks but are you recommending it, do you think it will work better than Eddie for me?

I have read the full instructions for Mac, it's all written for someone with far more knowledge than me. I don't want to use terminal to run VPN, I want a GUI. I did read that you can run "hummingbird" inside Eddie. I found the option in preferences and ticked it. Not sure if that's all I need to do, but I am connected to VPN, whether via "hummingbird" or not I don't know

28 minutes ago, Terry Stanford said:

I have read the full instructions for Mac, it's all written for someone with far more knowledge than me. I don't want to use terminal to run VPN, I want a GUI. I did read that you can run "hummingbird" inside Eddie. I found the option in preferences and ticked it. Not sure if that's all I need to do, but I am connected to VPN, whether via "hummingbird" or not I don't know

Hello!

In this case Hummingbird is not for you. We have planned a GUI for Bluetit in the next months based on Qt (Firecrest). Initially it will be available for Linux but it will be ported to macOS later on, together with Bluetit. Before that, we will add to Goldcrest a TUI based on ncurses. In the meantime you may run Eddie, once you have resolved the problems you have reported with the help of the support team. In turn, Eddie can run Hummingbird, in place of OpenVPN (it features a specific option in Preferences to do that), to boost your Mac performance in the VPN.

Kind regards