Not connected, Your IP: 44.201.64.238
Sign in to follow this  
MortenM

Eddie 2.19.7 unable to run, missing c++

Previous version worked fine until it suddenly got in a loop with checking ipv6, changing server, new loop with disconnetcing after failed ipv6 connection and so on.
Saw there was a new version and downloaded that installer. When starting the new version, i get the following error message before it shuts down:""This software requires some additional files (C++ redistributable) that are not currently installed on your system. Use the installer edition, or look https://eddie.website/windows-runtime""  
I USED the installer and installed the runtimes, still unable to run it.
Help, please!

I am on windows 7 . Do not ask me to upgrade to 10 please. There are reasons that is not possible.

cpluss001.jpg

Sorry, this a double post. Posted it in the wrong section first.....
Previous version worked fine until it suddenly got in a loop with checking ipv6, changing server, new loop with disconnetcing after failed ipv6 connection and so on.
Saw there was a new version and downloaded that installer. When starting the new version, i get the following error message before it shuts down:""This software requires some additional files (C++ redistributable) that are not currently installed on your system. Use the installer edition, or look https://eddie.website/windows-runtime""  
I USED the installer and installed the runtimes, still unable to run it.
Help, please!

I am on windows 7 . Do not ask me to upgrade to 10 please. There are reasons that is not possible.

cpluss001.jpg

1 hour ago, Staff said:
@MortenM

Hello!

Eddie 2.19.7 for Windows 7 has just been re-packaged, please re-download and the problem should be sorted out.

Kind regards

Thanks! Hope that fixes it. I will find out tomorrow when I am at that machine.