Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.144.39
Dadadadadaa

Eddie very slow startup(collecting network info)

Eddie is taking a long time to get past the splash screen, most of the time it is on "collecting network info". I timed it last time, collecting network info took 1m 2s. I have a quad core cpu with 16GB ram so hardware is not the issue. I do have VMware workstation installed, so I have multiple virtual network adapters, maybe it is related to that. Even so, maybe a future version of Eddie can collect this information in a faster way with parallelization, mulithreading or something like that. I'm on Windows 10 with latest stable Eddie  2.19.7

On 1/25/2021 at 10:59 AM, Dadadadadaa said:

Even so, maybe a future version of Eddie can collect this information in a faster way with parallelization, mulithreading or something like that.

That does it already. We need to see why it takes so long for you. In Eddie > Logs, click the lifebelt icon and paste/upload the output here. You may time execution time of this as well.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 1/30/2021 at 10:11 AM, OpenSourcerer said:

That does it already. We need to see why it takes so long for you. In Eddie > Logs, click the lifebelt icon and paste/upload the output here. You may time execution time of this as well.
I have attached my logs. The collecting platform-specific information took more than a minute.
I have also temporarily uninstalled VMware to see if that sped startup up, but only by about 15 seconds.

log.txt

Wow, there are like a million routes for the Ethernet interface. Not the first time I'm seeing this, but the first time they are on a physical NIC. Can you please reboot your computer? Not shutdown and power-on, reboot. Then try again.

Yes, I have done a reboot but it does not help. Fast Startup is also disabled, so my daily shutdown and boot should already act the same as a reboot.

Yep, they should. Are you using any antivirus, firewall or other program which accesses/modifies network interfaces?

I'm not using a 3rd party firewall. I'm also using HitmanPro.Alert, which has some network protection, but temporarily uninstalling it doesn't help. I have another PC(with slower, older hardware) also with HitmanPro.Alert and when I try Eddie on there the collect network info part in the splash screen only takes about a second.
I also had the official OpenVPN client installed(https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/). I uninstalled that and now the collect network info time has more than halved. However, when Eddie tries to connect it complains about not finding the adapter, I get UAC prompts, but allowing them does not help and Eddie stays in a loop. I have uninstalled Eddie and installed it again but the situation remains. In Eddie advanced settings, the Uninstall standard driver button does nothing. I have now set it to use the wintun driver and that does work for now.

Well, I can say that it's not directly Eddie's problem. There are so many routes, Eddie simply needs some time to collect info on all of them. I'm not sure what to recommend to you, maybe try resetting the network interface controller? You need to get rid of all those superfluous routes.

I used the Windows network reset option which also resets the network adapters. This fixes the slow startup, collecting network info is now done in just a few seconds, and connecting to Airvpn server is also faster, thank you!
However, it is still impossible to connect the default way, it only works if I set it to use the wintun driver in advanced settings.