Jump to content
Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.11.178
xkingxkaosx

New AirVPN User - AirVPN is the best!

Recommended Posts

Last week i shared a nice topic about VPN’s and how in the 21st century it is mandatory that every single person should be using one, is how some one mentioned AirVPN. I “had” 5 VPN’s on my iphone ( since it is where i use the internet the most ) i signed aboard to AirVPN and asked for a trial. And let me tell you i have not been this excited in a long time.

after my trial ended few days ago i decided i should support AirVPN and get a subscription. Set up my windows 10 tablet, linux mint PC and of course my phone, i deleted the other VPNs off my system and did a few test and research in between and I have to say AirVPN is simple, fast, affordable, transparent and yet reliable. 

i can not believe i have not came across AirVPN before ( Google definitely did not help bring up any mention of AirVPN ) and wasted so much time, money, researching and hassle with choosing the right VPN service.

enough of my ranting, keep up the good work and keep up with the good fight!!!

Share this post


Link to post

Hello!

Welcome.
 

Quote
i can not believe i have not came across AirVPN before ( Google definitely did not help bring up any mention of AirVPN ) and wasted so much time, money, researching and hassle with choosing the right VPN service.

Perhaps not so surprising, since Air has a philosophy of not trying to actively market itself in any other fashion, than by following some strict principles and technical standards, that not everyone can equally appreciate - except for those who then do experience it :).

I wouldn't say that it's necessarily a waste that you've used other VPNs. If anything, that only gives you perspective.

I'm glad you like it.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Share this post


Link to post

I felt exactly the same when I found Air! I am committed to it. I only wish it was a bit easier to use, and as much as I used to LOVE my PIA VPN app on phone and computer (SO damn fast and easy to use, as is Mullvad)... I have yet to find ANY company which even remotely compares to Air for transparency and proper security/privacy awareness for its users. Since this is the most important thing to me, I am a dedicated user, but I can't say how many times I have wished their apps were a bit more modern and easy to use.
Out of interest, what phone do you use? Iphone or Android?

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/14/2021 at 2:22 AM, LZ1 said:

Perhaps not so surprising, since Air has a philosophy of not trying to actively market itself in any other fashion, than by following some strict principles and technical standards, that not everyone can equally appreciate - except for those who then do experience it :).

@staff where can I learn about these standards and approach to marketing please?

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, SurprisedItWorks said:

Not staff here, but an obvious place to start:

https://airvpn.org/aboutus/
https://airvpn.org/mission/


Thanks for highlighting those pages. Those pages cover both technical and operational areas of the business but little detail around marketing philosophy outside of "no investments in advertising" and "no bribes for favorable reviews". I run a similar privacy orientated online service and I'm trying to learn from others who have spent time thinking about what acceptable marketing might look like to a business that priorities customer privacy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/19/2021 at 6:53 PM, Terry Stanford said:

I felt exactly the same when I found Air! I am committed to it. I only wish it was a bit easier to use, and as much as I used to LOVE my PIA VPN app on phone and computer (SO damn fast and easy to use, as is Mullvad)... I have yet to find ANY company which even remotely compares to Air for transparency and proper security/privacy awareness for its users. Since this is the most important thing to me, I am a dedicated user, but I can't say how many times I have wished their apps were a bit more modern and easy to use.
Out of interest, what phone do you use? Iphone or Android?


Good to hear. You're always welcome to provide your thoughts on possible enhancements however, in the appropriate forum.
 

On 2/26/2021 at 6:32 PM, dIecbasC said:
@staff where can I learn about these standards and approach to marketing please?
  It has been brought up a number of times. However it's not something they talk much about in long articles of text, it's rather just something they do. Therefore it's like the KISS principle. So perhaps it's a positive that there's only little detail, in the context of this specific case :).

You can find other links about other aspects of their operation, in the link in my signature. Under the First Questions section, the question "What does AirVPN do to make it safe to use and does it log or track people?" contains numerous links in point form.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Security Check
    Play CAPTCHA Audio
    Refresh Image

×
×
  • Create New...