Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.130.13
Old Fella

Lockdown downs and ups

Of course for many the effects of the Covid-19 virus are extremely bad especially for those who have lost their lives and their families and friends. My heart and prayers reach out to those affected in such a way. For me, the previous lockdown measures and the repeat ones now in place haven't really changed how I live - my home is in a very remote part of England and I am disabled so I didn't go out much into populated areas anyway and shopping habits didn't have to change. However, my partner (of many years) and I do not live together and she lives 30 miles away, so we hadn't seen much of each other for much of 2020 until she was diagnosed with lung cancer. I am leaving out a massive amount of stuff but my main point here is that although I have been able to spend a lot of time at her place in the past few months things have now changed again of course. I have masses of stuff to transfer back to my home and couldn't do it quick enough before the more restrictive measures came into place. However, the motorways and road traffic in general means it is so easy to travel - whoopie lol. I still have a few trips to make but is like Heaven doing the driving bit!

I sign nothing, much

Still getting older....

I live in a city but that whole thing didn't change my habits at all. Only change is that I work from home (so I both go to bed and get up later) and that I don't see some people as much anymore. Grocery shopping is still possible and both delivery services and the internet all work as normal. So I don't die of hunger, and there's tons to do here :lol:
I can imagine living in a more remote area to be somewhat more difficult, especially if one's disabled. May your path lead you to warm sands. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

2 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

May your path lead you to warm sands.

Oh no....that is reserved to/for government officials and corporate rats only. Covid-19 does not apply to them apparently.

On 1/5/2021 at 6:45 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

I live in a city but that whole thing didn't change my habits at all. Only change is that I work from home (so I both go to bed and get up later) and that I don't see some people as much anymore. Grocery shopping is still possible and both delivery services and the internet all work as normal. So I don't die of hunger, and there's tons to do here :lol:
I can imagine living in a more remote area to be somewhat more difficult, especially if one's disabled. May your path lead you to warm sands. :)

Glad to hear you are able to get on with things and be safe and well. It is safer here to nip off out and to still be out without having to come across anyone much so being remote is not so bad and we can of course do shopping locally pretty much in the same way as before. Another plus for me as far as I am concerned is that I have no children to cope with at home but I do miss being able to see my 88 year old Mother as yet. She also lives in a small village but has plenty of local help and doesn't complain - it is what it is and far too many complain. This is understandable since many difficulties and sacrifices have had to be made by many. At least us two can cope better than most I guess. Still love the clear roads 🤩 but I am breaking the rules a bit 😛, Sorry about that but I meet no one and pay for fuel at the pump and wear a diving suit and aqualungs. That last bit is a lie 🙄

I sign nothing, much

Still getting older....

On 1/5/2021 at 9:26 PM, Flx said:
On 1/5/2021 at 6:45 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

May your path lead you to warm sands.

Oh no....that is reserved to/for government officials and corporate rats only. Covid-19 does not apply to them apparently.

God forbid we apply the rules to Prime Ministers and such 😳

I sign nothing, much

Still getting older....