Not connected, Your IP: 18.189.180.244
dibble

ANSWERED eddie not working with OSX 11.1 (Big Sur)

The application launches. But, the user interface is locked. Can't enter name/password, or click any tabs. The whole interface is locked. Any suggestions?

@dibble

Hello!

Eddie is compiled for x86-64. If you're running an ARM based Mac, you should run Eddie in Rosetta 2, can you please check?

We have some reports according to which Eddie runs fine in Rosetta 2, and other reports claiming that Eddie freezes. Please send us your report as well.

Kind regards

solved. I'm unable to replicate the issue now, as this seems like an issue only at initial setup.
When eddie was first run, the 'main window' is automatically shown in order to provide login credentials. This window is NOT able to be brought to focus by using the gui/mouse. No amount of clicking on the window (even quitting the program or restarting the computer) would give the window focus.
Only by going to the menu bar and selecting the option 'Show main window' will give the window focus and allow me to enter the credentials.
Once this was done I was able to get logged in/connected. Now, the 'main window' does not show automatically on launch. The only way to get to the window is with the menu bar selection. 

FYI this is the last series of intel i5 macbook prior to the M1 release running Big Sur 11.1