Not connected, Your IP: 44.211.117.101

@fkeriviavcxjhvjke

Hello!

You have three options.

1) Run AirVPN Suite 1.0.0. It will take care properly of DNS push even when systemd-resolved is configured to work in on-link mode bypassing resolv..conf and even when it works together with network-manager. Tested successfully under new Fedora 33 default settings. The suite is free and open source software by AirVPN, based also on a robust client-daemon architecture, and offers Network Lock (for traffic leaks prevention) which works fine even in Fedora 33. See here:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/48435-linux-new-software-airvpn-suite-10-beta/

2) Disable systemd-resolved and re-create /etc/resolv.conf file to work with global DNS as usual, instead of the questionable and dangerous per-link basis mode. After that, you can either run AirVPN Suite 1.0.0, OpenVPN with update-resolv-conf script, or Eddie. Eddie is a free and open source software by AirVPN with a GUI running in Mono. Only when systemd-resolved is disabled or re-configured to respect /etc/resolv.conf, can Eddie be used in Fedora 33.

If you choose to run OpenVPN directly, remember that OpenVPN does not handle DNS push on Linux on the client side, so use the mentioned script. Please see here:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/9608-how-to-accept-dns-push-on-linux-systems-with-resolvconf/

3) Not recommendedRun OpenVPN with script update-resolved-systemd. Again see https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/9608-how-to-accept-dns-push-on-linux-systems-with-resolvconf/

Kind regards

Currently using a clean install of Fedora 33 with Eddie 2.9.17, which unfortunately results in DNS Leaks from your Router or PC.

Is it secure to use this option?

$ sudo systemctl stop systemd-resolved
$ sudo systemctl disable systemd-resolved
Then Run Eddie and let it generate a new /etc/resolv.conf file?

I am assuming Eddie will not have any conflicts down the road (system updates, etc) from disabling the systemd service as a side effect?

Side Note:  I did remove the services and tested several dns leak methods and only AirVPN DNS was allowed. 

Thanks for the information, I might try AirVpN Suite in the future, still hesitant to make the switch as I think your Eddie Client was already
really good.   I for one am not thrilled with what the devs decided to do with Fedora DNS.

Keep Rockin guys.

@busybee911

Hello!

After you have stopped and disabled systemd-resolved you should generate your own resolv.conf file before running Eddie, or restart networking and let network-manager do that (via DHCP etc.) if you wish to query the router. The new resolv.conf  file will then be the file that Eddie will restore when its job is finished.

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

Thanks for the update on resolv.conf, that step you provided is crucial as I found out the hard way.

Stoping and Disabling the systemd resolver while Eddie Client and Wifi is not running was not
enough.  Once I disalbed those systemd services, then reconnected Wifi and loaded Eddie Client.
The Eddie Client just ran in a loop trying to find a DNS Server to connect to and never connecting.

Side Note: Trying to look at the Eddie Client Log Tab "LifeBelt Icon" for a System Report caused a Hard
Crash of the Eddie Client, and it also corrupted the resolv.conf file in /etc/ folder. 

-Deleting the /etc/resolv.conf file and restarting Fedora 33 and creating a new resolv.conf file
 fixed the above problems and now the Eddie Client works and correctly removes the AirVPN DNS IP when you exit the Client and restores your newly created  /etc/resolv.conf to its default values.

So Thank you for responding as it helped me clarify that what i did to correct my own mistake was actually
infact, in a way, correct lol.

You seem familar with this new Fedora 33 Mess going on. Is there any chance you know anything about the file in

/etc/systemd/resolved.conf

It's just hanging around after stopping and disabling the systemd resolver service.

I just simply deleted it.

Edited ... by busybee911

Posted ... (edited)

Hello again,

just wanted some clarity from someone who works at airvpn, or on the eddie client.

on Fedora 33 once I have created resolv.conf in /etc folder with my network manager IP and DNS from router.
When I run the Eddie Client and Connect to a VPN Server, I am seeing more than 1 resolf.conf file.
in etc/ folder
resolv.conf
resolv.conf.eddie  - (is this file a backup of my network manager settings)
It disappears everytime I close the Eddie Client or disconnect from a AirVPN Server.

Thanks.

Edited ... by busybee911
wasnt finished

10 hours ago, busybee911 said:

resolv.conf.eddie  - (is this file a backup of my network manager settings)

Yes.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.