Not connected, Your IP: 54.211.203.45
Point Zero

Eddie suddenly very unresponsive/unusable

Suddenly on starting eddie it effectively locks up, taking atleast 30 seconds (to many minutes sometimes) to respond to every click, making it completely unusable.
I've tried reinstalling and wiping out the settings profile and it doesn't exhibit this behaviour until you login to your airvpn account, but of course this is completely useless.
Tried both 2.18.9 and 2.19.6 versions and both exhibit this same behaviour.
Also while doing this eddie now uses 15%-25% CPU usage (on 8 core Ryzen 5800x) where as before it was 1-2% at the very most.

Nothing has changed (been installed/updated, etc) and was working for the past 3 weeks without this crap.

... on Windows 10 Pro x64

@Point Zero

Hello!

Try to delete the default.profile file. It's Eddie configuration file. You can find its location by reading the first Eddie log entries. Make sure that Eddie is not running, then delete the file, finally re-start Eddie and check whether the problem is resolved. Eddie will re-create a profile with default settings.

Note that you will need to re-enter your AirVPN credentials and custom settings.

Kind regards

Tried deleting the profile and it made no difference, eventually ended up restoring a system backup made just before the problems started and it hasn't occurred again since.
So there's obviously was some corrupted remanent of the install left behind somewhere despite uninstalling and nuking anything left behind.
I was lucky this time, but having to restore a full system backup is obviously not ideal.
Could anyone provide me with a full list of the file locations/registry areas to look for this if something like this happens again?

@Point Zero

Hello!

Probably it had nothing to do with Eddie itself then, but with the system. Eddie frontend runs in the Mono (.NET in Microsoft systems) framework, while the backend is written in C++. What is your Operating System exact version?

To wipe out anything Eddie-related, just delete the directory it is inside, if you use a portable package, while you need to uninstall according to your system (just like you do with any app) if you had installing package., Then delete Eddie configuration file as above.

Kind regards

Its Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 20H2 (build 19042.685)

And best of all its started happening again (the exact same crap as in orginal post), to a machine which hasn't even been powered let alone connected to the net since just after my last post.😠😞
It strange how it only happens when the account is logged in but not connected to a server, once you suffer through the atrocious response time and actually connect to a server, then eddie works fine just as it does when you arent logged into your account.

If its extenal libraries at fault then which DLLs or whatever should I check? Or there any tools I can use to try and nail the culprit causing this extremely annoying behaviour?

Hello all.  I had what appears to be the exact same issues as you about a month or two ago.  I have a thread floating around here somewhere.  I am on Linux but the problem sounds the same.  What worked for me was to COMPLETELY delete Eddie from my system - not just the profile exe.  Then I rebooted my OS twice, and yes I know that once was likely all I needed.  After rebooting the system the second time then I reinstalled Eddie from scratch (only takes a minute or two) and it has never flinched since that time.  It was almost certainly a mono error caused by a Debian update that didn't play well with Eddie.   Could never track it down and no one else at that time reported issues.  It happens but the fix was simple.

I would suggest trying this BUT don't forget to re-boot your OS and make sure its updated before installing Eddie.  Bet it works for you!