Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.252.23
SlickboyZs

Installing My New VPN

Hi Guys, I know the forum is open to guest viewing, so I will keep this basic!! I have just purchased my "AirVPN" yesterday which gives me "Premium Access" and I also downloaded the installer (eddie-ui_2.18.9_windows-7_x86_installer) for my windows 7, I read some were at this forum setting up "AirVPN", and configuring it can be complicated, anything complicated rules me out :D , I am currently using IPVanish ONLY as Plan B, I tried CyberGhost 8 for 1 week, trust me I will not be going back there, great looking interface & setup is basic for your novice user "very good" but omg trying to get a connection takes forever & I certainly did not wish to be going throw that for the next 12 months, but they did give great support and within 24 hrs & instant refunds...

I wish to dump IPVanish!! and start by installing my new "AirVPN" but must say I'm a little optimistic, will I be ok just going for it and hitting the installer? and follow my nose, my OS again is windows 7 ultimate (x86) with service pack 1, Looking throw my"Windows  Control Panel" Device Manager, I have the TAP-Windows Adapter 9, already installed, this I think is a basic windows Adapter., will AirVPN install it's own TAP- Adapter's? another concern I have is about the leftovers from both IPVanish and CyberGhost 8!! when looking at my Network Dial-up and VPN, the presence of my old uninstalled CyberGhost VPN still shows, is it safe to remove both IPVanish and CyberGhost before (or) after installing AirVPN? it says it's safe to do this here in this review post.

Thanks for any help given... :yes:

5 hours ago, SlickboyZs said:

is it safe to remove both IPVanish and CyberGhost before (or) after installing AirVPN? it says it's safe to do this here in this review post.

Do it before, then reboot. Let Eddie reinstall TAP if needed, done. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

14 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Do it before, then reboot. Let Eddie reinstall TAP if needed, done. :)

Cheers OpenSourcerer i will try that..