Not connected, Your IP: 44.215.110.142
luci_luci

Network Lock Question

Posted ... (edited)

Hello, My question is About network lock and how to start my vpn connection correctly using eddie on windows 10.

so what i usually do is i turn on airplane mode in windows and then i start eddie, make sure that network lock is activated and then while eddie is connecting to vpn and turn off airplane mode.

my question is do i need to turn airplane mode before starting eddie to prevent any leaks or that even if i just start eddie with network lock, without the airplane mode being on, there would be no leaks?

oh and if you cant tell i am a newbie in the vpn stuff and i just want to make sure that i am using airvpn correctly.

thank you.

Edited ... by luci_luci

Why are you even disabling airplane mode if your connection is wired, anyway? You can leave it on, it's a wonderful and easy stopper for wireless connections, even if NetLock does a good job itself regardless of other interfaces' states. So this:

5 hours ago, luci_luci said:

even if i just start eddie with network lock, without the airplane mode being on, there would be no leaks?

is correct.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

first of all thank you so much for your response.
second of all, i am so sorry i should have mentioned that i dont use a wired connection, i use a wireless connection so should i keep doing what i'm doing or is it not necessary?

thank you again :)

53 minutes ago, luci_luci said:

second of all, i am so sorry i should have mentioned that i dont use a wired connection, i use a wireless connection so should i keep doing what i'm doing or is it not necessary?

Oooh, now I see what you're doing. Yes, it's probably safest if you keep doing it the way you do.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.