Not connected, Your IP: 35.175.180.255

Hello and apologies if this has been asked before. I can't seem to get Eddie to apply my Custom DNS settings. I have added the address of my desired server under DNS, but the tunnel still uses the default AirVPN DNS. This can be seen under the TAP adapter interface using

ipconfig /all
And also in practice with
 nslookup doubleclick.com
which returns the correct IP address, rather than 0.0.0.0 as my target server would.

I have experimented with flipping the "Check AirVPN DNS", "Force all network interfaces for DNS" and "Ensure DNS Lock" options, as well as enabled "Ignore IPv6 DNS pushed by server", without success. Am I missing anything? Thanks in advance.

It was Automatic; I have now set it to Disabled, but that doesn't seem to have made a difference, my custom server is being ignored either way.

That's unusual. Be sure to paste or upload the support file when you're connected (Logs > lifebelt icon) to allow more thorough troubleshooting.
Also be sure to update Eddie to at least 2.18.9 if not already done.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I am attaching the log file, from the latest Eddie version. You can see the custom DNS server is mentioned under "Important options not at defaults", but not at all otherwise.

agrock_eddie_log.txt

Hm. I cannot reproduce this with Eddie 2.19.4 on Linux. Whatever I enter in Preferences > DNS, it gets written to /etc/resolv.conf. But the DNS switch mode must be set to Automatic.
Maybe the beta will work for you, too? On https://eddie.website, click Other versions > Experimental and download it further up. Report what you found.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Updating to the beta fixed it. Indeed, there's a bugfix for custom DNS on Windows in the changelog - I'll try that first next time. Thank you very much for your help!