Not connected, Your IP: 44.210.240.31
otter.chat@yahoo.com

ANSWERED Cannot figure out to connect. Profile won't import

Posted ... (edited)

I just downloaded the vpn and am at the point where it says import profile. I put in my profile name which is my email.. I put in my password. It autofills a profile. When i click next it just says profile not imported. I am totally lost and cannot use the vpn. I need a giude or someone to help me. I'm lost. Thanks in advance.

Edited ... by giganerd
Convert all upper case to proper case

Give us some basic info first. Are you writing about Eddie for PC, Eddie for Android or a different OpenVPN client altogether?
Anyway, across all the clients I know I'm fairly certain that "Import profile" refers to a config file generated by the config generator containing connection parameters. Your AirVPN.org account info usually only works with Eddie.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

i'm using openvpn on ios. i just installed it. i have gotten to where it is titles Import File.  i type in my username and password. public profile name already on the line. it is my username followed by a @airvpn.org. When I press import i get a message saying it did not work. I'm lost. HELP. Thank you.

There is no Eddie client for iOS, so you can't use username and password. I advise you to read a bit more closely in the future whenever you encounter some text, be it in a program or here on the forums.

i have gotten to where it is titles. Import File.
Anyway, across all the clients I know I'm fairly certain that "Import profile" refers to a config file generated by the config generator containing connection parameters.

Everything refers to a file from the config generator I linked to. This is what you need to generate, then import.

Also be advised, if you are on iOS 14, you will likely encounter issues with OpenVPN currently. See:

1 hour ago, otter.chat@yahoo.com said:

What are the steps once I get to the import profile page in ios?

Go to the generator and generate a config! When you tap on Generate and after you are presented with one or more files depending on your choice of options, tapping on one of them will bring up the screen you see in step 4, where you can open that config with OpenVPN. Clicking on Import Profile in OpenVPN assumes you already have a config file, which you clearly don't. So, again, go to the generator and generate a config file! You cannot use OpenVPN Connect on iOS by using username/password from the forums.

Is it any clearer now? Generate a config, tap on the config and follow the guide! If you need help with the options you see in that generator mentioned 50 times, please ask so.
Also, before you post please make sure capslock is off. Posting with the text being all upper case does not imply a higher urgency whatsoever. Thank you :)

6 hours ago, otter.chat@yahoo.com said:

When I get to the import profile page on my iphone, it will not import my profile.

Finally. Now, do you see any errors when you do this?