Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.147.87
Rp28f3ex

AirVPN review: Excellent service that power users will love ! Macworld.com

A very positive review of this service from one of the big sites! :) It contains detailed information on the payment process and the use of the client (eddie)
Just came across this a few min ago and wanted to share. 

"AirVPN is very good, especially for power users. The speeds are above average, the prices reasonable, and the application is serviceable. AirVPN is also really transparent, with its service showing a lot of information about the network, and the privacy policy is acceptable."

Read full article: 
https://www.macworld.com/article/3572938/airvpn-review.html#tk.rss_all

Updated 8/28/20 to include our review of the latest version of NordVPN , which remains our top pick by offering users anonymity and trust, as well as a reliable, well-rounded feature set.

Ouch. We could open a separate forum just about NordVPN, that's how much crap we came to get to know about them. And the best thing is how exceptionally recent all those threads are. So that website actively recommends shooting yourself in the foot. What I don't understand is that they allegedly did the research:
Additionally, we conduct hours of research into the VPN providers to find out who owns them, where they’re based, what they do with subscriber information, and whether the provider has a track record of questionable business practices.
How can you miss all the trust-obliterating bullshit of just the last three years? This is insane, and I wouldn't trust them with anything they write on VPNs, even about AirVPN.

And of course ExpressVPN is first, who would've thought. They and NordVPN are always among the first for a very simple rea$on.

Also, I'm a bit confused about the rating system used across the website. AirVPN scored 4.5, erm, mice, trees, whatever that symbol means, but the first are Express, Freedome and IVPN with 4, and Nord is 5th with 4.5 (?). Small inconsistency, but it truly bothers me seeing Express on 1 and Nord as good as Air.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

@giganerd

You often have a price per star. We don't know about a price per mouse/tree or whatever :D With them, we have had absolutely no request (otherwise you would not have seen the review, as you know we don't pay for bogus reviews). The journalist even contacted us to inquire and clarify various points, some weeks ago.

"I asked AirVPN about this and the response was that an email address  wasn’t required; however, when I entered a nonsense addresses into the  email address entry box I was denied an account several times. It was  only when I used a legitimate email address that I got an account. In  practical terms an email address is required despite what the privacy  policy says."

This is a problem of ours which we need to face. You CAN enter a non-existent e-mail address, but you can NOT enter nothing. You can not even enter a bogus address if you don't include a "@" and a dot in the chars after the @. So noneofyourbusiness@mindyourbusiness is not accepted, but nonefoyourbusiness@mind.yourownbusiness is.

So, the conclusion of the journalist is trivially wrong in this case, but we were complicit to make him reach the wrong conclusion, our bad.

Kind regards

14 minutes ago, Staff said:

You often have a price per star. We don't know about a price per mouse/tree or whatever :D

Depends on the mouse. Or the tree. You get artificial trees for $40 on CL
Of course it's to be understood as stars, even the resource files are named "rating-stars-macworld-fixed". But really, what is it? A mouse, a tree, a flower pot on a stick, maybe ice cream? Maybe someone drew a person first but then decided it got too.. erm.. you know? ;)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

3 hours ago, giganerd said:
Ouch. We could open a separate forum just about NordVPN, that's how much crap we came to get to know about them. And the best thing is how exceptionally recent all those threads are. So that website actively recommends shooting yourself in the foot. What I don't understand is that they allegedly did the research:  How can you miss all the trust-obliterating bullshit of just the last three years? This is insane, and I wouldn't trust them with anything they write on VPNs, even about AirVPN.

Agreed. I am curious what made them to determined that NordVPN is best overall. I would suspect likely that NordVPN paid them for the positive review. I won't be surprised if that is the case. I checked MacWorld review on NordVPN, interesting... Well, their credentiality fall apart from there. Not worth to discuss it here.

I checked their Best VPN for Mac reviews. They even recommend TunnelBear for Europe. I tried TunnelBear in the past and I lasted 2 hours and immediately uninstalled TunnelBear from my computer (Former TB users don't even recommend them). TB service sucks so bad that NordVPN are a sightly better service than TB, and they both sucks. I wouldn't touch TB with 50-mile pole (80 km).

I questioned their speed testing methodology. They are using Ookla Speedtest only. They should be using more than just one since they get a reliable data than relying on Ookla and their results are questionable.

I see Ian Paul is the author of both reviews (AirVPN & NordVPN). I read Ian Paul reviews for various thing (including PCWorld) and I don't have a confidence with his researching skills. He recommended Norton the best antivirus suite... 😕