Not connected, Your IP: 3.239.57.87

Is it possible to set up Foxy Proxy or something similar using AirVPN? If so, how exactly?

Notably, I'm wondering about GNU+Linux (Ubuntu) and Brave and Firefox. Particularly, I want certain browser profiles to use a proxy while the OS connects via OpenVPN CLI / Eddie.

15 hours ago, Anarchy-X said:

Is it possible to set up Foxy Proxy or something similar using AirVPN?

AirVPN does not operate proxy servers, so no.

15 hours ago, Anarchy-X said:

Particularly, I want certain browser profiles to use a proxy while the OS connects via OpenVPN CLI / Eddie.

Let me guess – you can't reach certain streaming services with AirVPN and that's why you want this.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure if there was some way to use these servers as proxies.

Something like that. I want a more complex setup with things like streaming and banking on their own IPs, and maybe torrenting (my own bands music) on a fourth.

You're far better off doing banking with as little middlemen as possible so as to prevent attacks against you from favorable positions, meaning, do this with your ISP IP. That doesn't mean to disregard security of your local machine, obviously, as a VPN does nothing in this regard. If you're doing banking, there is literally no one to hide from by hiding your ISP IP, they already have personal data from you.

Streaming is, depending on the exact setup, a valid point, as is torrenting. The latter is unproblematic in any way, streaming does hiccup sometimes with any VPN or plain proxy service, so it's sometimes difficult to see where it works and where not.
For none of these use cases you'd need such a complicated multi-proxy setup like you envision. It's much easier to set up a host with four VMs and connect each to a different server, the effect is the same, even if it demands certain prerequisites of your host. And even then I fail to see the sense. Why do you want four different IPs for every use case? Why does one not work? They're all shared with other clients at the same time.

Yeah, I'm not necessarily looking to hide my IP from anyone regarding the banking type stuff.
1) I travel occasionally
2) With one IP I won't have to bother with all the "confirm your identity" type things as much.

My machine uses a VPN and I multitask. I'd prefer, I think, to continue using a VPN at all times at the OS level.
I was thinking it'd just be nice to have all my streaming stuff always have the same US/CA/UK IP when I'm using that browser profile.

While I set up my torrents using their own outside the 14 eyes in some torrent-friendly country -- which would generally be slow for everything else. 
Unfortunately, my machine isn't powerful enough for multiple VMs. lol. And, I don't quite have the money to get a new one. 

13 hours ago, Anarchy-X said:

1) I travel occasionally
2) With one IP I won't have to bother with all the "confirm your identity" type things as much.

Do yourself a big favor and simply use a RasPi as VPN server you can reach from abroad, if you're abroad.
  • No blocks because it's effectively your ISP internet.
  • No one to share the connection with.
  • The most trusted network you can possibly have abroad.
  • Initially costs slightly more ($40 or so), but pays off with time.

While I set up my torrents using their own outside the 14 eyes in some torrent-friendly country -- which would generally be slow for everything else.

None of the servers log connection data, you can torrent pretty much everywhere. Please forget all the marketing/paranoia-inducing bullcrap about 5-eyes/14-eyes, it doesn't matter as much as you would like it to be. It shouldn't matter whether you're connecting to U.S. or Europe, none of the servers log identifying connection data. And the ones allegedly watching over us are not going to knock at your door tomorrow for downloading movies without paying for it, for their goal is war on terror, not war on pirates.

Unfortunately, my machine isn't powerful enough for multiple VMs. lol. And, I don't quite have the money to get a new one. 

Just use one connection for everything, and simply change the servers everytime you connect. If someone wanted to take you down, any VPN wouldn't be able to protecc you.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:47 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

ISP IP, they already have personal data from you

Actually, when signing up for service I wasn't required to give my birth name and they never asked for ID. I was able to pay with Privacy.com with whatever billing name and address I wanted. The only thing they have is a residential address and I do not own the property. I assume they'd have to contact them in order to get my information and I'm not sure that would be given out so easily without my knowledge or consent.
I also can use my own networking equipment if I want so I can have more control. I've got the router setup to use Quad9/other DNS and obviously use the VPN's whenever connected. Oh, and I also setup openwireless.org as the 2.4GHz no password-required network which I generally don't connect to.

And my phone number was hidden and the number they have doesn't have my real name either. The e-mail address isn't used for anything else.
Going down to the ISP's building due to the pandemic I'm required to wear a face mask so that coupled with a hat and there's no way they'll be able to figure me out. lol

I'd like to think I'm pretty anonymous but let me know if I haven't covered all my bases.

Why? Because it's fun. Challenge perhaps. And, because it's none of anyone's business. I pay good money for a service and do no harm to anyone therefore who I am and precisely what I'm doing is noone's business. It's liberating,

6 hours ago, Anarchy-X said:

Actually, when signing up for service I wasn't required to give my birth name and they never asked for ID. I was able to pay with Privacy.com with whatever billing name and address I wanted. The only thing they have is a residential address and I do not own the property. I assume they'd have to contact them in order to get my information and I'm not sure that would be given out so easily without my knowledge or consent.

I can sense a bit of exaggeration there, but let's not get into that. :)

6 hours ago, Anarchy-X said:

Why? Because it's fun. Challenge perhaps.

It's no fun if you can't verify it.
Also, listen to my signature: If you overdo privacy, you will be unique among the mass again. Following the blueprint you're following means, at some point someone will be able to point the finger right back at you just because you're the anomaly in a sea of people.