Not connected, Your IP: 54.210.126.232

"All the hardware used to operate OVPN is owned by us. All VPN servers operate without hard drives as the operating system only resides in the RAM memory."

"OVPN has been in court fighting a two-month long information injunction as user information was requested from us. OVPN emerged victorious due to our no-logging policy."

"OVPN unblocks a myriad of streaming services across our VPN servers. Easy, fast and high quality streaming.

• Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Nordic"
This sounds really good. I definitely will give them a try once my AirVPN subscription runs out.

On 10/19/2020 at 3:09 PM, maxx0r said:

This sounds really good.

Yes it does. In fact too good. One dislike would be this:
"To make connections easier, you can specify a file where you store the username and password for OVPN. Enter the file path here"
Is the username and the password hashed or in plaintext?

I tried them initially 
I could never get acceptable speeds, I got a refund and get acceptable speeds with 3 other providers on the same overkill pfsense hardware 

good luck 

Uninstalled ovpn yesterday.  It worked OK with the streaming option active, otherwise seemed slow.  Had to change my password three times on their site before the client would start, kind of weird.  I have real problem with attempts at humor in a client and notifications, especially when disabled.  When ovpn connected, it had a banner that proclaimed "you're connected, awesome!"  Moronic but I ignored it.  Yesterday, after some sites froze, then worked fine on another VPN, I tried activating the streaming option, which seemed to speed up things.  On session disconnect, a banner popped up asking how I liked my connection speed.  Enough to uninstall the client and not because of speed because of intrusion and what I consider lack of professionalism.

For some users, VPN's are very important to their personal security.  Behavior such as I noted causes a loss of trust.  I paid for a month, kept ovpn for four days, no big loss, their prices are reasonable.

I recently got oVPN, but I'm not entirely sure if it is a trustworthy option. I am thinking should I request refund? I have very good speeds, it's been reliable with streaming services. My issue is there isn't much public opnion on the service much and I don't really trust all 3rd party services they use on their site. The chat support system looks pretty invasive alone.

20 hours ago, Iolita said:

I recently got oVPN, but I'm not entirely sure if it is a trustworthy option. I am thinking should I request refund? I have very good speeds, it's been reliable with streaming services. My issue is there isn't much public opnion on the service much and I don't really trust all 3rd party services they use on their site. The chat support system looks pretty invasive alone.

“If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second.”

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thankyou for the reply :P but if you don't mind, maybe give a little more of what your own opnions are about the service, should I indeed request refund before my 10 day is up :o

I do mind, actually, sorry.
I stand by my previous statement, somewhat lyrically enhanced, if you allow:

If you're not sure about a purchase,
and you're looking for another,
refund the first,
and use the other.

My experiences:
If ure using only out of the box app solutions. 
U get a god privacy oriented  VPN-Solution

But if u want to implement vpn in an custom router or sth. u better stick with an other one  ( like airvpn)
For things like this the Support isnt really fit.

For Standard things , yes go for it but not for some more advanced implementations.

jmy2cents

best regards

I'm late to the party here. I've been using Airvpn for a few years now, without any complaint. But At times I need a server that at least looks as if it is in Australia. I'd been using Mullvad for a while, but lately it has been very slow on its Australia servers and also any google search - yes, I sometimes defect to the darkside - throws up captcha. I've tried various work arounds with no success. I was then looking for another vpn with Australian servers. I looked at Surfshark and Nord (they are the same company apparently), but they rent servers and while they look good on paper, offered way more than I needed.
I then came upon OVPN. They own their own servers, the servers are diskless, the speeds in Oz are not too bad and I do not get the captchas or Oz www sites saying I am somewheres else (as occurs with Mullvad - it seems to have a DNS issue). On android they seem stable and OK. They implement wiregard, but the apps - for android and also Ubuntu are not well developed. The crypto suite they use is off the shelf but seems industry standard, possibly at the upper end of secure.
The problem is the more I look into OVPN as a company, I just feel uneasy. They are a very small company. It seems there is only a few people involved. One of the founders has said he is "self-taught". Although they have fought and won a court case, it does not seem their apps are independently audited or publicly available. And so, it all just seems too good. 
Anyway, in short:
- so far the mobile and desktop apps have functions fine, but their functionality is limited.
- the speeds are OK and stable.
- the lack of public auditing is problematic. 
Should you give OVPN a try? Well, that's up to you. But I probably would not do my banking via its vpn until I see a bit more info. 
Maybe I am being too suspicious.

Heads up: OVPN has been acquired by Aura/Pango.The discussion about it may move to the new thread. Features of OVPN may remain here. :)