Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.28.48
wintermute1912

ANSWERED Generally slower performance than usual over the last day or two? (SOLVED)

I have found the VPN connection speed to be generally slower than usual and somewhat erratic lately. I usually have no trouble achieving download rates of 10MBps+ but my torrent client is struggling now. Also when visiting the airvpn site I see the picture of the clogged pipes quite frequently.

I only use the TLS 1.2 Crypt servers and have found the problem on both ports 443 and 2018. The Canadian servers seem particularly affected. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Ed. I downloaded all new key, crt and ovpn files and that seems to have fixed the problem!

5 hours ago, wintermute1912 said:

I only use the TLS 1.2 Crypt servers and have found the problem on both ports 443 and 2018. The Canadian servers seem particularly affected. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yes that did happen as of yesterday Sunday afternoon. Cephei server was down "line issue". Now it is back online.
As of yesterday to clarify this....I could not connect to any AirVPN Amanah server....@ 5:47 pm. Sep 13,2020 initially. I did manage to connect eventually.
What exactly happened?....only Staff may be able to provide us an answer if they wish to.

@Flx

You can check anytime the issue history of each server in the real time server monitor by clicking a server's name. We think no peculiar problems affected our servers in Amanah at the time you mention but check yourself. https://airvpn.org/status

Kind regards

I'll mark my post as the solution to mark the thread as solved. @all, OP solved it with new keys.

@Staff While we're at it, maybe you should reevaluate the threshold beyond which a server is marked with "high packet loss" on the status page. Yours is like 30%, when in reality connections become unreliable after just 5-10%.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

18 hours ago, Staff said:

We think no peculiar problems affected our servers in Amanah at the time you mention but check yourself.

And now today @ 12:50 am EDT Sep 15 2020 another sudden disconnect. Packet Loss dilemma?
Servers affected to which I was connected at the time this happened:
Alya
Alwaid
Saiph
Alkurhah
Ukdah
Sadalbari
Regulus
Who initiated the reboot or dropped the sessions? AirVPN or Amanah?

@Flx

No reboots have been recorded and no daemons have been restarted. However some Amanah servers have suffered a line blackout at ~ 3.30 AM (UTC) for several minutes. We also see that the problem was sorted out just before 4 AM.

During the blackout they could not communicate at all. It might be the problem you mention. Check the real time server monitor and when you mention time remember to specify time zone. No communications from Amanah so far.

Kind regards