Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.249.42
VGio

ANSWERED Telegram: Right AirVPN IP Wrong Country Host

HI.

I am puzzled.

I am using Eddie and Telegram desktop on the same machine. On the "Sessions" in Telegram I can see my open instances.....and it shows I'm connected from my AirVPN IP address correctly. However, it marks it as my own Country instead of the Country of the AirVPN server.
This happens only on Telegram desktop running Eddie. On another device, which uses Bitmask (Updated version) instead of Eddie, the session shown on Telegram for the host device is correctly marked as coming from both the VPN server and the correct Country.

I thought that maybe it's because Telegram requires a phone number to register and so it could link the session to the number rather than to the IP (which would not make sense anyhow) but the on other device with Bitmask this does not happen and Telegram correctly shows I'm connecting from the VPN server + correct Country.

Anybody has any idea?

Thank YOU.

I was just checking the server on Telegram and noticed that Eddie has changed it. Funny enough, with this one it shows the correct duo IP + Country.

Unfortunately, I have not written down the exact IP of the previous one. I only remember it started with 213....

By the looks of it, it might have been a cache issue (?) with Telegram. Anyhow, for now it's sorted.

Thank YOU.