Not connected, Your IP: 52.55.55.239
cdysthe

Getting incoming ports to work with OpenVPN connections.

Hi,

I would like to use OpenVPN in Ubuntu to connect to AirVPN and it's easily set up with the generated config  files. I can connect without problems. However, I have two incoming ports set up but can't confirm that they are open in my BitTorrent client (Transmission). When I check it says "closed". When I use Eddie on Linux the ports are "open" when I check. Is there something I need to add and/or enter in the OpenVPN connections I've set up to get incoming ports to check out as open? Maybe I am missing something obvious? 

Actually no, should work either way. Please provide logs of an OpenVPN connection and a support file from Eddie when connected with it (Logs tab > lifebelt icon) to see if we can spot tiny differences.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I have looked at this some more. The problem I am having is IPv6 related it seems. Using Eddie ipV6 is routed through the OpenVPN tunnel, but I do not know how to achieve that when using OpenVPN configured with the downloaded .opvn files. Seems like IPv6 is handled differently. I am not very good at this stuff but would like to be bale to set up a OpenVPN connection configured like the Eddie does as far as IPv6 goes.

4 hours ago, cdysthe said:

Seems like IPv6 is handled differently. I am not very good at this stuff but would like to be bale to set up a OpenVPN connection configured like the Eddie does as far as IPv6 goes.

Have you tried ticking the "Advanced" box in the config generator? Might enlighten you. :)

1 minute ago, giganerd said:

Have you tried ticking the "Advanced" box in the config generator? Might enlighten you. :)

I sure did. It both confused and enlightened me. I messed around but didn't get it to work the same way it does in Eddie. Pointer please? :)

Make sure "IP layer exit" is set to "Both".

Please provide logs of an OpenVPN connection and a support file from Eddie when connected with it (Logs tab > lifebelt icon) to see if we can spot tiny differences.

Also, please don't forget to do what you were asked to do a few posts prior. :)