Not connected, Your IP: 54.163.195.125

I've been using qBittorrent for a long time and it's always worked. Although my download speeds are good, suddenly the program is not seeding at all. I'm using v.4.0.3 on Linux Mint and v.4.2.1 on Windows 10 and neither one will seed.

Any ideas on a fix?

"Suddenly" seems like you did something and weren't aware that this something impacts seeding. So what was the last thing you did on your system before it stopped working?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks for your reply...

My downloads were hitting an upper speed limit so I changed the Download speed in Connections > Global Rate Limits from 1000 KiB/s to 5200 KiB/s. This nearly doubled my download speeds. Uploads were unaffected following the change. The problem started a couple of days after that.

Bumping up the Upload speed in Connections > Global Rate Limits from 300 KiB/s to 800 KiB/s seems to have jump started seeding. I don't know why that would matter but now it works - at least for the most busy torrents.

In the process of trying things, I changed the port # via AirVPN. Although qBittorent still works in Linux (my firewall is off), it no longer connects in Windows 10. I assume that I have to change something in Windows firewall to make the new port work. Any idea how to do that?

37 minutes ago, betacat said:

In the process of trying things, I changed the port # via AirVPN. Although qBittorent still works in Linux (my firewall is off), it no longer connects in Windows 10. I assume that I have to change something in Windows firewall to make the new port work. Any idea how to do that?

Windows will consider the OpenVPN network interface to be a "public" network. So for port forwarding to work, your torrent client needs Windows Firewall permission to receive connections on a "public" network. A simple way to do this is to remove the existing firewall entries for the program. Then when the program is restarted you will be prompted again asking whether to allow connections from "private" and "public" networks. To start Windows Firewall you can find it the start menu, enter "WF.msc" in a command window or:

• right mouse-click the Windows "Start" button
  • select "Run"
  • enter "WF.msc"
In "Inbound Rules" sort by "Program". Find your client, right-mouse click and "Delete". There is probably one entry for TCP and one for UDP.

Or just change the entry to make it work. But as I said it may be easier to just remove the existing rules and use the prompt that comes up when you start the client.

NaDre, Thanks! Deleting the entries in Win10 worked just as you described :)

...and bluesjunior, I appreciate the link; lots of useful info there.