Not connected, Your IP: 3.239.57.87
madrat

ANSWERED Password will not work after changing

Logged in on Firefox on a Mac v 10.11.6 and changed my password to a new one. Firefox automatically updated my password in settings. When I open Eddie v 2.18.9, it asks me to put in my password. I enter the new password and each time it says "wrong password". Rebooted once and tried again. Same thing. Help!! I'm without Eddie until I figure this out!

Uninstalled Eddie and reinstalled. Still will not accept new password when opening Eddie and yet I can log in to AIRVPN no problem!!

Correct. Changed the password on the AIRVPN website in Account Settings. Logged out. Logged back in. The password worked fine logging into the Airvpn website but when I started Eddie and put in the updated password it will not accept it.

Just for curiosity, does the old one work?

anyway, you can remove de default settings file in case the old pass is cached somewhere there.
it should appear in logs next to the word profile.

No. Thought of that as well. No go. Don't understand why I would be able to log in online no problem. So the password obviously got changed on the site. Not sure why Eddie will not accept it?? I have e-mailed support as well.

I used a Mac program called "AppDelete" which should have deleted everything associated with Eddie and then I reinstalled. Where would I find the default profile?

It might have survived in some user specific folder (I have no experience with macs).
Open eddie-ui and check the logs, there should be a line (not far from the beginning) stating that the default profile was loaded and the path to that file written next to it.
Try and delete that file, then launch eddie again.

Does this password contain any special characters, spaces or characters of a completely different character set, like cyrillic or chinese for example?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

11 minutes ago, eburom said:

Sorry, you mean that eddie wont run after deleting the file?

I mean, Eddie starts up, checks a few things and then asks me to put in password. I put in the new password, it says "incorrect password" and then I have to click"cancel" and it closes.

14 minutes ago, giganerd said:

Does this password contain any special characters, spaces or characters of a completely different character set, like cyrillic or chinese for example?

No. Upper and lower case letters and numbers.

if you can run eddie from the command line logs should appear written on it.
When I run eddie I think I can check the logs before login in, anyway.

Just occurred to me, could it be that the system is asking for your mac users pass (for privileges) and you are typing your eddies pass instead?

23 minutes ago, eburom said:

Just occurred to me, could it be that the system is asking for your mac users pass (for privileges) and you are typing your eddies pass instead?

Tried both already. Thanks for the suggestion.

Then I would try to locate the profile and delete it, any luck launching from the console?
I am almost certain that logs can be checked before logging in, at least in eddie for windows and linux.

4 minutes ago, eburom said:

Then I would try to locate the profile and delete it, any luck launching from the console?
I am almost certain that logs can be checked before logging in, at least in eddie for windows and linux.

Tried the console but it still asked for password and still told me it was incorrect. Is there a way to bypass opening Eddie and just open Eddie Preferences?

But didn't some stuff got written to the console before asking for a pass?
where are you asked for the pass? is in in a GUI window (the very eddie's GUI) (can you provide a screenshot?)

I managed to change the password on my MacBook Pro but I could access the log in box where I was able to change the password. On my Imac, I'm unable to get there because I always have to cancel when it won't accept the password. So I need a way just to open up the "preferences pane".

I'm surprised logs didn't appear to the command line.

In firefox, do you type the Airvpn's pass every time or does it remember it? I'm asking this because, could it be that you are mispelling it (maybe you had your caps on when typing it in firefox or whatever) and firefox just remembers the correct one but you don't?
Did you try to change it again to make sure you have it right?

24 minutes ago, eburom said:

But didn't some stuff got written to the console before asking for a pass?
where are you asked for the pass? is in in a GUI window (the very eddie's GUI) (can you provide a screenshot?)

This is as far as I get. Can't get to the log in screen. After saying it's the wrong password, the only choice I have is to cancel.

image.png.790d0c7d6dbc8dd4ae43c5d490b4ee5e.png

Yes, on Firefox it logs in automatically. I've changed the password several times. The password is correct in the Firefox settings/logins and passwords. Is there any way of changing the password via command line? Absolute begginer using command line so a copy and paste of commands would be appreciated.

mmmm, I'm not familiar with that window. It reminds me of androids version where you can lock eddie with a master password.
I find it strange that it doesn't ask for the username and the word unlock instead of log in..