Not connected, Your IP: 54.226.226.30
cwtokyo

Network-Lock comparison on the router.

That network lock is for their own routers with their own software on it.  But likely it's nothing more than a set of iptables rules which are nothing special.

Use the very nice merlin firmware for asus routers and its policy routing with "kill switch" and you can use it with whatever VPN provider you like and don't have to pay extra for an express vpn branded router.

2 hours ago, go558a83nk said:

That network lock is for their own routers with their own software on it.  But likely it's nothing more than a set of iptables rules which are nothing special.

Use the very nice merlin firmware for asus routers and its policy routing with "kill switch" and you can use it with whatever VPN provider you like and don't have to pay extra for an express vpn branded router.

What do I need to do to set up a "kill switch" for AirVPN on my router? It will be helpful for everyone.
For reference, I am using RT-AC85U.

4 hours ago, cwtokyo said:
What do I need to do to set up a "kill switch" for AirVPN on my router? It will be helpful for everyone.
For reference, I am using RT-AC85U.

I already explained it.  It doesn't matter what openvpn service you use.  It's an option that Merlin Asus firmware has for openvpn clients.

I am curious how reliable ExpressVPN's Network Lock with unexpected/sudden changes such as crashing, blue screening, shut down the computer without exiting properly. I checked the information about it, it is actually an Kill Switch (their website stated Network Lock and kill switch in the same sentence).

What I see that their """"Network Lock"""" is not persistable for unexpected changes. Basically once I shut down my computer without exiting the VPN properly, then my network will not be encrypted or closed after I turn on my computer which making their mislabeled feature moot.

On 8/15/2020 at 12:54 PM, Kenwell said:
Capture.JPG.ebbe164eabf4e565893bc7a46f5f0580.JPG
Is there a way to only have my pc using the router? I'd like to use that dual protection on top of kill switch.