Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.23.133

Am trying to setup up qBittorrent with my AirVPN app to prevent the bittorent app from working when AirVPN isn't active. I read from this post here that it's possible to set qBittorrent to use the tun0 interface or activate the network lock using Eddie. In the settings of my Eddie app, I see my VPN interface is called utun1 and see this same option under the advanced settings of the qBittorrent app -- as well as options for utun0, utun2, and utun3.

Lastly, is it better to just use Network Lock instead?

I use both the network lock and tun0 interface.  The IP address assigned by Air servers is static and has to be changed in qB.  Whenever I change servers, I have to manually reset the 'Optional IP Address to bind to' setting under Preferences --> Advanced in qB.  Then, I restart qB.  I know qB doesn't leak on a server change, because the connection status icon at the bottom of qB will be red until I change the IP address to match Air's server, and any active torrents will read that the tracker has not been contacted with 0 seeds and peers (i.e., inactive).

9 minutes ago, monstrocity said:

I use both the network lock and tun0 interface.  It's static and has to be changed in qB.  Whenever I change servers, I have to manually reset the 'Optional IP Address to bind to' setting under Preferences --> Advanced in qB.  Then, I restart qB.  I know qB doesn't leak on a server change, because the connection status icon at the bottom of qB will be red until I change the IP address to match Air's server, and any active torrents will read that the tracker has not been contacted with 0 seeds and peers (i.e., inactive).

Thanks for the responce.

Why is does your VPN interface say tun0 but mine says utun1 as shown in the image I attached above? So if I change servers, my VPN interface shouldn't be affected correct? I also have my "optional IP address to bind to" setting set to All addresses in my qBittorrent app. Is that a problem even though I have set my Network Interface to utun1 (same as my Eddie app)?

I'm on linux, so the nomenclature for 'tun' is different - same function though.  I've never had qB work under the 'All addresses' or 'All IPv4 addresses' setting.  (I don't have IPv6 capability.)  That's why I set it manually and restart qB to get it working.

1 minute ago, monstrocity said:
I'm on linux, so the nomenclature for 'tun' is different - same function though.  I've never had qB work under the 'All addresses' or 'All IPv4 addresses' setting.  (I don't have IPv6 capability.)  That's why I set it manually and restart qB to get it working.
Got it. Thanks

According to a quick internet search utunX are the tunnel interfaces on macOS. As Mr. monstrocity points out, they serve the same purpose as tunX interfaces on Linux.
It's interesting that you've got four of them. Can you post the list of your interfaces? In a terminal, enter the following; found this with another quick search:

networksetup -listallhardwareports

About the NetLock vs. binding thing, I'd classify both to be an overkill. One binds to an interface, the other denies connections outside that interface. I for example don't even use Eddie, so torrenting relies on binding to a tun interface, which has worked seamlessly so far, especially on connection failures. If you're using NetLock, binding is not necessary from my point of view.
I'm quite curious as to why it wouldn't work on Mr. monstrocity's machine. AppArmor? SELinux? Maybe a firewall? Or distrbution configuration disallowing binding to some ports? @monstrocity You're on Linux Mint, as I understand it? I've heard some worrying voices that LM's distro devs like to break Ubuntu behavior (and by extension Debian behavior) without so much as a "look out behind". This extends to smaller things like ambiguous package naming, but also to security. It's worth checking if the same thing happens on another distribution, e.g. a Live CD.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

@giganerd, I use Hummingbird in Eddie and by itself, perhaps that is why I have to manually set the IP each time I change servers.

To quote Geralt of Rivia:

Hmm

Now that you mention it, I do remember a case on the forums where traffic redirection and IP binding would work with Eddie but not with Hummingbird. Chances of finding it again are less than 1%, though. I'd ask if Eddie shows the same behavior, but that would put the thread somehow out of topic. :D

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.