Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.138.70
august717171

What Windows Services Does Eddie-UI Need To Run?

Hi. I use a "stripped" install of Windows 10 as I like to know / control what is running however I've found some issues trying to run AirVPN. Yes this is "my own fault" so to speak but I don't have any issues with other VPN services.
"Base Filtering Engine" is all I need for others.
Eddie-UI runs but cannot connect to a server.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

A stripped install of Windows 10, aka ReactOS? :D Seriously, this is cringe. Why stripping Windows of features if you can use Linux and have a full-featured desktop without Microsoft's things?
Anyway, first tell us about this stripped version. A link to a web resource detailing what it is will help a great deal, even a name itself will do. Otherwise there is nothing anyone can do for you. As you put it yourself, and to quote a copypasta from the XDA forums' custom Android development threads:

YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Try reverting your Services configurations back to default states; you could refer to Black Viper's site, although I'm not sure how up to date it is.  A simple starting of a particular service may be all that you need here.

If you have to use Windows 10, try the LTSC version.  You don't need to strip much (e.g., removing OneDrive is harmless), and it's a better idea to turn services / features off using Group Policy, than to accidentally (or ignorantly) remove something that breaks the OS, compelling a fresh install.  3rd party software may be interfering with Eddie - an AV or firewall, for example.  You could try the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" routines or a system repair using Windows installation media (i.e., iso file or USB).  If you installed a "homebrew" version of Windows, you're SOL.  If you used debloat scripts, you're most likely SOL.  If you used a tool, like MSMG toolkit to modify your installation iso, head over to the My Digital Life forums.

Without knowing the intricacies of your Windows install and what exactly has been stripped out and added by you, I don't think anyone can answer your question.

I want to make something clear. My Windows install (1709) is purely for gaming and AirVPN was great in the past for fixing routing / being stable (I also use it for other stuff on a dual boot too).
Everywhere I go I hear "update windows" "sfc /scannow", all that jargon. I could write an essay on why I use 1709 and want the most stable OS / framerate / frametimes / DPC latency. It's really niche community but the end result is amazing. My point is, I want to get AirVPN working and not be lectured on my Windows install which happens everywhere I go. 
I have a question, what Windows services do I need to get AirVPN running? Base Filtering Engine gets the UI up and running but it constantly connects / disconnects and does not work which is why I was asking if anybody knew what Windows service was required. My Windows install works with 99% of things and AirVPN is the only thing I've not been able to get working which is why I've came here to get some help as I'm at a standstill. 

Thanks guys, I hope you can understand.

7 hours ago, august717171 said:

My point is, I want to get AirVPN working and not be lectured on my Windows install which happens everywhere I go. 

What do you expect? You are using a system no one else does to try and reproduce your problem, which, and let me stress this, would not be happening on a full-featured Windows 10, no matter the version. So you are kind of alone here, unless you come up with more info on the system. We are not lecturing you on your OS choices, we are merely noting that it's difficult to provide you support. Any other support body would've noped out of the conversation reading this, so please don't defend yourself if we question it a bit, but otherwise kindly ask for more info about this niche system you are running.

7 hours ago, august717171 said:

Base Filtering Engine gets the UI up and running but it constantly connects / disconnects and does not work which is why I was asking if anybody knew what Windows service was required.

Start Eddie and let it connect/disconnect a few times, then click the lifebelt icon in Eddie's Logs tab and paste or upload the output here. If you choose to paste it, consider using LOG format, it's the top left button in the post editor.
This will set us up with some basic info on your computer and include logs to see what's actually up. Thank you for your cooperation.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.