Not connected, Your IP: 54.236.59.154

Is it possible to add some type of client software functioning through adding local proxy so that the software could be customized to use local proxy and so the tunnel or not?

As an example - Perfect-Privacy SSH tunnel software.

XY problem? What do you really want to achieve? Maybe only route specific apps through the VPN?

» I am not an AirVPN team member. All opinions are my own and are not to be considered official. Only the AirVPN Staff account should be viewed as such.

» The forums is a place where you can ask questions to the community. You are not entitled to guaranteed answer times. Answer quality may vary, too. If you need professional support, please create tickets.

» If you're new, take some time to read LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN. On questions, use the search function first. On errors, search for the error message instead.

» If you choose to create a new thread, keep in mind that we don't know your setup. Give info about it. Never forget the OpenVPN logs or, for Eddie, the support file (Logs > lifebelt icon).

» The community kindly asks you to not set up Tor exit relays when connected to AirVPN. Their IP addresses are subject to restrictions and these are relayed to all users of the affected servers.

» Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. If you overdo privacy, chances are you will be unique amond the mass again.

On 8/1/2020 at 2:27 PM, giganerd said:

What do you really want to achieve? Maybe only route specific apps through the VPN?

Yes, that's what I'v said. Is there howto for windows to do that (if there is no info about target adresses)?

As for me the most simple way is the local proxy software. You just set the local proxy in your app and all the traffic from this app goes through the tunnel, also no traffic bypasses the tunnel if the software is down.

On 8/1/2020 at 2:27 PM, giganerd said:

XY problem?

I don't undestand this slang.

1 hour ago, airuse said:

Is there howto for windows to do that (if there is no info about target adresses)?

Take a look at these little guides.

1 hour ago, airuse said:

I don't undestand this slang.

XY is when you want to achieve X, but you don't know how. You think that Y can solve the problem, but you don't know Y either. So you ask how to do Y rather than directly asking how to do X.
http://xyproblem.info/

» I am not an AirVPN team member. All opinions are my own and are not to be considered official. Only the AirVPN Staff account should be viewed as such.

» The forums is a place where you can ask questions to the community. You are not entitled to guaranteed answer times. Answer quality may vary, too. If you need professional support, please create tickets.

» If you're new, take some time to read LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN. On questions, use the search function first. On errors, search for the error message instead.

» If you choose to create a new thread, keep in mind that we don't know your setup. Give info about it. Never forget the OpenVPN logs or, for Eddie, the support file (Logs > lifebelt icon).

» The community kindly asks you to not set up Tor exit relays when connected to AirVPN. Their IP addresses are subject to restrictions and these are relayed to all users of the affected servers.

» Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. If you overdo privacy, chances are you will be unique amond the mass again.

12 minutes ago, giganerd said:

It's not howto, it's some set of crutches. Howto is an instruction that does not require much study.

17 minutes ago, giganerd said:

XY is when you want to achieve X, but you don't know how.

I do know how to get what I need, the example is in the first post. I have explained in detail what it is for because you would ask that any way.

16 hours ago, airuse said:

I do know how to get what I need, the example is in the first post. I have explained in detail what it is for because you would ask that any way.

I'm sorry, but if you ask if it's possible to use a local software to proxy certain apps through while the actual problem is how to include/exclude apps from being routed through the VPN, it most certainly looks like XY. You are asking for the proxy, after all, since you think this is the solution because a competitor solved it like that. What is possible with Perfect Privacy doesn't need to be possible with AirVPN – and vice versa.

16 hours ago, airuse said:

It's not howto, it's some set of crutches. Howto is an instruction that does not require much study.

I never called it a how-to, I used the word guide. It's not there to be followed blindly but offers guidance to try and build something on your own. If you're not willing to do so, you should look for other solutions elsewhere.

To answer the original question whether it's possible: Not like this. Given that you are not exactly willing to study for the guide up there, you won't be satisfied with AirVPN, because all solutions will most likely require you to tinker a bit.

I'v been asking about something comfortable for the user. You do understand clearly that I'm talking about AirVPN taking over all the work in providing something it's users need. As an example I gave the PerfectPrivacy SSH soft, I have also explained in details what is needed. But you answer "Go make yourself what you need" and joking about some blablabla problems. Sounds like you just mocking.

As I see in your last post AirVPN is not going to take over any work in providing what is needed. You could answer that in the first post without all this useless text.

8 hours ago, giganerd said:

all solutions will most likely require you to tinker a bit

The solution I'v offered would require an absolute minimum of actions from the user. This what is called comfortable.

I'm sorry, but if you ask if it's possible to use a local software to proxy certain apps through while the actual problem is how to include/exclude apps from being routed through the VPN

If I would need  a solution how to rout a specific app through the tunnel with existing software I would ask in that way. But I have asked about adding something comfortable for the user, some "take and use" solution.

I never called it a how-to

But I'v only asked about a how-to. If you answer the question "Is there a how-to?" than you call your solution a how-to, simple logic.

49 minutes ago, airuse said:

But I'v only asked about how-to. If you answer the question "Is there how-to?" than you call your solution how-to, simple logic. 

Okay, if you write so. There's no how-to, then.