Not connected, Your IP: 3.237.89.4

I notice that some of AirVPN infrastructure is in M247 facilities. Request is if use of M247 could be reduced (or no expansion or minimised).

I'm finding increasing issues when I'm running through M247 (Facebook, Cloudfare, even my own web site). And I can understand why from my own website experiences where I'm getting increasing attacks from M247 networks (not AirVPN) and M247 abuse@ seem to do nothing (so I'm not too inclined to get the blocks removed, though it does cause me grief on occasions).

So my request is if use of M247 could be reduced or kept to a minimum or whatever is possible (not expecting AirVPN to restructure their systems tomorrow but it is becoming an increasing problem).

Thanks

Could you try connecting with the other IP version (if v6, use v4 and vice versa)? I noticed a similar thing with some of the M247 DE servers, but only on IPv6. Connecting with v4 solved the packet loss issues where I had them.

» I am not an AirVPN team member. All opinions are my own and are not to be considered official. Only the AirVPN Staff account should be viewed as such.

» The forums is a place where you can ask questions to the community. You are not entitled to guaranteed answer times. Answer quality may vary, too. If you need professional support, please create tickets.

» If you're new, take some time to read LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN. On questions, use the search function first. On errors, search for the error message instead.

» If you choose to create a new thread, keep in mind that we don't know your setup. Give info about it. Never forget the OpenVPN logs or, for Eddie, the support file (Logs > lifebelt icon).

» The community kindly asks you to not set up Tor exit relays when connected to AirVPN. Their IP addresses are subject to restrictions and these are relayed to all users of the affected servers.

» Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. If you overdo privacy, chances are you will be unique amond the mass again.

2 minutes ago, giganerd said:

Could you try connecting with the other IP version (if v6, use v4 and vice versa)? I noticed a similar thing with some of the M247 DE servers, but only on IPv6. Connecting with v4 solved the packet loss issues where I had them.

I will try but, on one occasion when I was blocked from my own web site the VPN Server to my web site was IP4 (I checked the Lightspeed Web Server logs and the block was on the IP4 address) - does one have any control over VPN Server to web site connection/addressing? (I tried Eddie in relation to other issues and it didn't help and was worse in other regards than my normal OpenVPN client Viscosity).

I fully accept that some sites will always block VPNs (e.g. WikMedia projects for editing - hoping OpenVPM will soon permit configuring IP6 addresses to not route through VPN). But more recently it's been increasing on e.g. Facebook, Google, Cloudfare. Facebook and Google keep wanting their Capcha clicking on photos thing, other sites it's just a straight block.

9 minutes ago, Psamathe said:

I will try but, on one occasion when I was blocked from my own web site the VPN Server to my web site was IP4 (I checked the Lightspeed Web Server logs and the block was on the IP4 address)

Even if you connect with v6, v4 is always preferred on the exit, even if v6 is supported by both the exit and the destination. I tested other providers in the past and it was always the case with OpenVPN. It's sad, really, not fully supporting a 25-year old protocol.

» I am not an AirVPN team member. All opinions are my own and are not to be considered official. Only the AirVPN Staff account should be viewed as such.

» The forums is a place where you can ask questions to the community. You are not entitled to guaranteed answer times. Answer quality may vary, too. If you need professional support, please create tickets.

» If you're new, take some time to read LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN. On questions, use the search function first. On errors, search for the error message instead.

» If you choose to create a new thread, keep in mind that we don't know your setup. Give info about it. Never forget the OpenVPN logs or, for Eddie, the support file (Logs > lifebelt icon).

» The community kindly asks you to not set up Tor exit relays when connected to AirVPN. Their IP addresses are subject to restrictions and these are relayed to all users of the affected servers.

» Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. If you overdo privacy, chances are you will be unique amond the mass again.

I tried to convince staff multiple times that AS diversity is a good thing (and also what you mentioned that M247 is known for bad network activities --> blocks) but it seems like Air doesnt see it as a risk to have that ammount of traffic by M247.

Many countries in EU are M247 only:
- CZ
- AT
- BE
- NO
- ES
- RO
- BG
- RS

I have to admit that they have a good network and im getting good speeds from them but i dont like the fact that so many countries rely on M247 _only_.

I can appreciate why M247 are being increasingly blocked. I reported 12 attacks on my web site to them today (ones that got through M247 existing blocks by web server); and my website is a pretty feeble personal blog on shared hosting. And my reporting attacks from M247 goes back ages and nothing seems to ever improve or get stopped - hence I can appreciate them being increasingly blocked and they are now seem on a par with Digital Ocean.