Not connected, Your IP: 3.234.246.109

Hello,

I use AirVPN with ubuntu server 18.04 in Raspberry Pi. Everything is fine but DNS leaks. I searched through web and got some solutions like setting up 

resolvconf
and relavant files but no success. How can I overcome this problem?

It's not leaking, it's simply unconfigured. If you are using Eddie, in Logs tab click the lifebelt icon and paste or upload the output here. If you choose to paste it, consider using LOG format, it's the top left button in the post editor.
If not using Eddie, one workaround could be to set the DNS servers statically to those on the specs page.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 7/26/2020 at 7:36 AM, myblank said:

Hello,

I use AirVPN with ubuntu server 18.04 in Raspberry Pi. Everything is fine but DNS leaks. I searched through web and got some solutions like setting up 

resolvconf
and relavant files but no success. How can I overcome this problem?

I've been unable to prevent DNS leaks in Ubuntu 18.04 no matter how hard I try. Even in 16.04 I thought I had a foolproof setup but then I tested at https://ipleak.net and found when my bandwidth was being hammered by a download I still had leaks despite adding /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf to my ovpn files. In the end I fixed it by adding an automated step to update resolv.conf to disable the loopback address as a name server once the vpn is connected:

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver x1.x2.x3.x4
#nameserver 127.0.1.1

When the vpn disconnects resolv.conf is automatically overwritten again with the local name server enabled.

Ubuntu 18.04 uses a different mechanism for DNS that I don't understand well enough but anecdotally no one seems to have a 100% guaranteed method for preventing DNS leaks in 18.04.

1 hour ago, wintermute1912 said:

Ubuntu 18.04 uses a different mechanism for DNS that I don't understand well enough but anecdotally no one seems to have a 100% guaranteed method for preventing DNS leaks in 18.04.

There's this existence of Netplan in Ubuntu for network configuration. Is there something you can do with that?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Both @giganerd and @wintermute1912 are right; it is more likely than not that it is related to a configuration issue. It is very easy this on Windows environment as putting 

block-out-dns
into OpenVPN configuration file.