Not connected, Your IP: 54.89.24.147

They release service recently using Mullvad servers, but their loging policy dont look so good. What do  you think?

Europe cannot test it. All you currently get to see here is a Join the waitlist button.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Anyone can grab a Mullvad account on their own. Mozilla already started digging their own grave by partnership with Cloudflare proxy idea. That did not work so well did it? Now they had to change tactics....to at least "restore the trust" lost.
"Download Mullvad and you're set". Nice out-of-the box concept?
AirVPN approach much more preferred where you can customize your config(single/double/triple/quad tunnel-in-tunnel or side-by-side session(s) etc.)
P.S. I never used Mullvad VPN. What's the use for it when you have an AirVPN account?

12 hours ago, Flx said:

P.S. I never used Mullvad VPN. What's the use for it when you have an AirVPN account?

To reduce your own bias, and to have some comparison.

OT: Even I admit that I subscribed a few times because Mullvad allows for highly disposable accounts and their billing and config process is so easy, you're up and running in less than five minutes. That's a very strong point of them. Not to mention that their servers are mostly on the same ISPs as AirVPN's, so I can troubleshoot a bit deeper and see for example if a problem is AirVPN specific or not.
Also, if someone says, he/she always used Windows, that person is in no way qualified to say "Windows is the best overall".

19 hours ago, flat4 said:

if its free then watch out, they have to get some value out of it so they can provide it free of charge

The old saying goes "If you don't pay for the product, you are the product." Though it doesn't really apply to FLOSS, I found. :D

On 7/29/2020 at 10:32 AM, OpenSourcerer said:

To reduce your own bias, and to have some comparison.

Thank you for trying to reduce my own bias.

Also, if someone says, he/she always used Windows, that person is in no way qualified to say "Windows is the best overall".

Sad assumption but ok.

Though it doesn't really apply to FLOSS, I found

Well then wait until the day everyone will have to create a Firefox e-mail account otherwise you cannot use it. :)

Your condescension, as always, is much appreciated, Mr. Flx, thank you. :)

It's Mullvad, buy Mullvad instead, don't need no stinkin' middleman!  Mullvad's fine, new client is vastly better than the old one that looked like it was designed on Notepad.  Only weird aspect is the client minimizes on close by default.  You can exit completely by going back a page from the disconnect page and closing it.  I don't really like the blocky gigantic fonts and flat appearance but it likely shows up well on phones.

We've used nothing but various Firefoxes for over a decade but Mozilla doesn't really have anything else we need beside Thunderbird.

The Mozilla VPN runs on a global network of servers powered by Mullvad using the WireGuard® protocol. Mullvad puts your privacy first and does not keep logs of any kind.
Source: Mozilla VPN

Interesting ! So how does WireGuard protocol encryption from Mozilla compares to OpenVPN protocal encryption from AirVPN
From what I "read" Wireguard has some advantages over OpenVPN as in better speeds, security, and reliability ? 

Any input from the experts is greatly appreciated!

You're not afraid of the dark web, are you ?

@Riddick Merged your new thread with a preexisting one on that topic.

14 hours ago, Riddick said:

From what I "read" Wireguard has some advantages over OpenVPN as in better speeds, security, and reliability ? 

A few months back I would've agreed that Wireguard has the potential to be quicker on its feet in certain setups, but there were some tests the other day published on the forums where people got as much as 700 MBit/s out of an OpenVPN connection. Coupled with the fact that Wireguard currently only supports UDP and is very easily disruptable, Wireguard is not exactly recommended in a use case like a connection to a public VPN server, let alone better. Besides, OpenVPN supports the ChaCha20 cipher now which helps on embedded devices like a phone or a single-board computer.
This more or less invalidates your points about throughput and reliability. Security is the same.

As you say, wireguard may not be faster at the server, but if your speed is limited by your client, wireguard may well be much faster.  In my modest dd-wrt router where the vpn client is running, I can get 70 Mbps down in OpenVPN (to Air servers) on a good day, but I get 215 Mbps down (ISP officially 200/10) through wireguard.  That 3x factor is not unusual for dd-wrt.  The awesome speed of Air's servers is irrelevant in such cases, because the OpenVPN client's constant switching between user and kernel spaces eats up a lot of time, while the wireguard client's running strictly in the kernel gives it quite the advantage.

The right tool for the right job, Mr. SurprisedItWorks. And wg is not the best tool for privacy use cases (yet?). You absolutely need the flexibility and trustworthiness of a literally battle-proven protocol like openvpn here which can be configured in every aspect, tailored to one's needs. wg is, well, locked to a very specific config, so naturally it doesn't need to account for all cases and situations it can find on the other side of a connection. Explains those 4000 lines of code, which is by no means a measure for the quality of a software.

Of course I completely agree, and my primary VPN here is in fact AirVPN/OpenVPN. My comment was strictly about speed, to attempt to address some confusion in the thread. Many people obsess over download speed, when it is seldom the most important variable. 

Six months later, Mullvad is going strong but I haven't heard much about Mozzvad lately.
General browsing with wireguard seems snappier but download speed isn't much different than open vpn, neither is consistently fastest.