Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.187.121
yeehi

[SOLVED] AirVPN support on Kodi and LibreELEC OpenELEC CoreELEC

SOLUTION: The Zomboided repo wizard easily works. You need to use AirVPN's config file generator service in the Clients section to generate some .opvn files which will be used to configure your AirVPN connection on your device.

Does AirVPN "Just Work" on Kodi?

If not, could AirVPN developers please work with Kodi to make AirVPN work well out of the box?

It might help to have AirVPN supported by default on operating systems often used by Kodi, such as CoreELEC, LibreELEC, OpenELEC.

There is an add-on here:
https://github.com/Zomboided/service.vpn.manager.providers

An investigation here found that AirVPN was not viable at the moment:
https://www.thevpnlab.com/does-airvpn-work-with-kodi/

1 hour ago, yeehi said:

Does AirVPN "Just Work" on Kodi?

As long as you stick to general OpenVPN features, yes. That is, if you pre-generate certificates and use OpenVPN directly or through some wrapper. Currently it's not trivial to use AirVPN with the login method, and this might be one of the more pressing negatives of the service.

We've had a few other people in the past who did an integration or were interested in one, for example Passepartout VPN for iOS or qomui for Linux. The former backed out when he heard how complicated a login integration would be without a simple API for it. Something along the lines of "I was happy to do it if it took me a day, but if it takes me a week, I'll go back to my roadmap".
So an AirVPN integration might take a week of work for 1-2 coders, which could be an incentive for any *ELEC developer not to do it.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks, giganerd. Do you think that it would DNS leak without the client to keep it secure?

10 minutes ago, yeehi said:

Do you think that it would DNS leak without the client to keep it secure?

Depends on the implementation. it's Linux, so there are no leaks, only misconfiguration. Correct config should be guaranteed by whatever app is going to offer AirVPN integration, and unless it's nothing maintained by AirVPN, there is no guarantee.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.