Not connected, Your IP: 54.221.69.42

ANSWERED ubuntu terminal command at startup to check hummingbird status

hey everybody i have a simple question

i have made hummingbird to start at boot

is there a way to start terminal at startup with the command :

sudo systemctl status airvpn

so i don't have to type it everytime at boot and check if connection and network lock is fine

thanks in advance

Hmm. If you are using a desktop environment, maybe a notification will do it. First check if the package for it is installed, the package name should be something around libnotify. For example, it's libnotify-bin on Debian-based distributions.

Check if it's working:

$ notify-send "test"

If you get a notification on your desktop containing "test" in title, you can proceed. In the service file's [Service] section, add this:

ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/notify-send "Hummingbird is running."

If the exit code of whatever was executed in ExecStart, here airvpn, is not zero, i.e. there was an error, you don't get this notification and you know what's up.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 7/19/2020 at 11:12 AM, giganerd said:

Hmm. If you are using a desktop environment, maybe a notification will do it. First check if the package for it is installed, the package name should be something around libnotify. For example, it's libnotify-bin on Debian-based distributions.

Check if it's working:

$ notify-send "test"

If you get a notification on your desktop containing "test" in title, you can proceed. In the service file's [Service] section, add this:

ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/notify-send "Hummingbird is running."

If the exit code of whatever was executed in ExecStart, here airvpn, is not zero, i.e. there was an error, you don't get this notification and you know what's up.
thanks worked for me