Not connected, Your IP: 34.200.218.187
P6045

ANSWERED ubuntu terminal command at startup to check hummingbird status

hey everybody i have a simple question

i have made hummingbird to start at boot

is there a way to start terminal at startup with the command :

sudo systemctl status airvpn

so i don't have to type it everytime at boot and check if connection and network lock is fine

thanks in advance

Hmm. If you are using a desktop environment, maybe a notification will do it. First check if the package for it is installed, the package name should be something around libnotify. For example, it's libnotify-bin on Debian-based distributions.

Check if it's working:

$ notify-send "test"

If you get a notification on your desktop containing "test" in title, you can proceed. In the service file's [Service] section, add this:

ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/notify-send "Hummingbird is running."

If the exit code of whatever was executed in ExecStart, here airvpn, is not zero, i.e. there was an error, you don't get this notification and you know what's up.

» I am not an AirVPN team member. All opinions are my own and are not to be considered official. Only the AirVPN Staff account should be viewed as such.

» The forums is a place where you can ask questions to the community. You are not entitled to guaranteed answer times. Answer quality may vary, too. If you need professional support, please create tickets.

» If you're new, take some time to read LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN. On questions, use the search function first. On errors, search for the error message instead.

» If you choose to create a new thread, keep in mind that we don't know your setup. Give info about it. Never forget the OpenVPN logs or, for Eddie, the support file (Logs > lifebelt icon).

» The community kindly asks you to not set up Tor exit relays when connected to AirVPN. Their IP addresses are subject to restrictions and these are relayed to all users of the affected servers.

» Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. If you overdo privacy, chances are you will be unique amond the mass again.

On 7/19/2020 at 11:12 AM, giganerd said:

Hmm. If you are using a desktop environment, maybe a notification will do it. First check if the package for it is installed, the package name should be something around libnotify. For example, it's libnotify-bin on Debian-based distributions.

Check if it's working:

$ notify-send "test"

If you get a notification on your desktop containing "test" in title, you can proceed. In the service file's [Service] section, add this:

ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/notify-send "Hummingbird is running."

If the exit code of whatever was executed in ExecStart, here airvpn, is not zero, i.e. there was an error, you don't get this notification and you know what's up.
thanks worked for me