Not connected, Your IP: 44.195.23.152
wildbill

Eddie only shows server stats for whitelist

Ever since I went to Eddie 2.18.9, the server list will only show stats for servers I whitelisted.  It doesn't matter if I delete the profile file, as soon as I whitelist server then the net time I load Eddie, it's the same problem.  I whitelist some servers that usually work well for me, but sometimes, like last night they had a problem, so I go to the list to find another, but I have no idea what might be a good one at that time, because of this issue.  The only workaround I can find is to not whitelist any servers.  Is this a problem anyone else has seen and are there any plans to fix it?

@wildbill

Hello!

We're not sure what fix you would like. Actually the behavior you report is expected and logic, by design. When you define a white list, only servers in the white list are taken into consideration, even to gather stats. It's the exact purpose of a white list: exclude anything outside it. Anyway as @giganerd pointed out you can bypass momentarily any white or black list with a single click.

Kind regards

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say, so let me try adding some additional info and a screenshot.  Even when I do "Show all" it only shows stats for the servers on the whitelist.  I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean.  It does not show ranking or latency data for anything other than whitelisted servers.  It only shows load info for non-whitelisted servers.  Clicking the refresh button to refresh the list does nothing  to help.  The only thing that works is to not whitelist anything.  I did not have this issue with any previous version of Eddie that I've used, only when I went to the newest version.  I need ranking and latency data to help determine a good server for me, when there is an issue with those that are whitelisted.

Eddie Server List.jpg

Cannot reproduce. Can you post the exact steps? Do I need to connect first?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

What I've tried is I start by deleting the profile fie, for the cleanest method.  I log into airvpn, then turn on the network lock.  I go to the server list, which shows stats for every site because nothing is whitelisted yet.  I whitelist some of the servers.  Typically then I connect to one of them and do what I need to do then disconnect and exit Eddie.  The next time I go to use Eddie, usually the next day, i am logged in automatically, because i had it remember my login.  Then I do the network lock and go to the server list.  As expected it only shows whitelisted sites.  I click the show all and it shows all sites, but only whitelisted sites have a ranking and latency stats. The rest of the sites, which aren't whitelisted, only show load.  The refresh button does nothing to help.

Basically whenever I restart Eddie, with sites that were previously whitelisted, this is what happens.  It doesn't matter if I start with a clean profile or not.

Thank you very much. I can confirm your findings, also with 2.19.4 beta.
It all has to do with the fact that Eddie stops updating stats of servers that are not whitelisted. If one was not whitelisted at launch, of course there wouldn't be any stats for it. If you whitelist another server, this server's stats are updated and shown. In you clear the whitelist, stats of all servers are shown again.
Something tells me this is intended, though very unpractical. It should be optimized, like fetching the stats much less frequently than the whitelisted ones to show the stats if necessary while keeping network traffic/load on bootstrap servers reasonably low.

The previous version of Eddie I used was 2.16.3 and that did not have this issue.  With 2.16.3, as soon as I did "show all" I could see all the stats for all the servers.  I updated Eddie, because I though an issue that had developed was with that version, due to some change on the server side, but it turned out it wasn't a problem with Eddie 2.16.3.  I eventually found the problem I was having was caused by Malewarebytes.   At this point I wonder if I should go back to 2.16.3, since I know the server list worked correctly with that version.  I don't now if I can just install that over 2.18.9 or would have to uninstall it first, since I'd be going back to an older version.

6 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I don't now if I can just install that over 2.18.9 or would have to uninstall it first, since I'd be going back to an older version.

It's natural to prepare software for upgrades. Downgrades are difficult, no matter what kind of software is downgraded. If you really need to do so, you should always start from scratch.
Say you've got a database with 10 columns in some table and some upgrade adds an 11th. No problem here. But if you downgrade it and a query suddenly returns an eleventh entry in a dataset while the software expects only 10, it might start panicking, or worse: It crashes. Same with a software like Eddie: Between 2.16.3 and 2.18.9 the profile format changed a few times. If you downgrade, nothing is read and Eddie might think "ah, profile is corrupted, I will override it with the defaults". Settings are gone with the wind, unless you do backups.

So, my recommendation would be to uninstall 2.18.9 and delete the profile file in your user directory. Then install 2.16.3 and reconfigure Eddie from scratch.