Not connected, Your IP: 23.20.51.162

Is payment information tied directly to a VPN account?

Please forgive me if this question comes across as a bit naive.  I was not able to locate anything that answers it in the FAQ.

When I open a connection to an AirVPN host, is that specific connection tied to my payment information (email, payment method, etc)?

If so, does that connection endure for as long as I am logged into the host, or is it checked at the moment of log-in and subsequently forgotten?

12 hours ago, socalsinger74 said:

When I open a connection to an AirVPN host, is that specific connection tied to my payment information (email, payment method, etc)?

I don't see a way this would be possible. Paying with certain payment methods may leave a trace with the payment processor, like credit card companies keeping logs of transactions, but that's only for subscribing and renewing subscriptions, obviously.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I'd also like to add that if you're talking about how the connection is made to the internet via VPN, if you're using Eddie, you need to be logged in with your username and password. That performs the check to see if you have an active subscription with AirVPN, and if you do, it allows you to connect to a VPN server. It's a zero-log policy so your credentials (username/password) aren't saved or logged to your connection. Just used to establish a connection. Your payment details are definitely NOT used in anyway shape or form during the log-in process.

I think that's what you wanted to know, right?
I believe that to be accurate, otherwise giganerd can correct me. 😋

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

scooby0786, that definitely was what I was wanting to know.  :)  I had tried ExpressVPN for a while, but in configuring pfSense, I was required to fill in a user name and password as part of the OpenVPN client configuration.  This meant that my connection through the VPN server was uniquely identifiable through that server, for the duration of my connection.

To me, that seemed to undermine the whole point of using a VPN in the first place.

Again, thanks to both of you and I will consider this question as having been answered.