Not connected, Your IP: 18.213.110.162
kar1nak3

Potential DNS LEAKS with Netherlands servers ??

Hi Folks,

I just noticed today that most of the webpages I was going to, especially the ones about shopping knew and were redirecting to the my country's TLD.
I'm using the latest version of the Eddie client on both Windows and MacOS and most of the time I'm using servers from Netherlands. Today I've noticed that quite a few of them leak my country (ran the extended test from DNS Leak). The ones I tested and found with problems are Scuti, Tarazed, Edasich,  and I'm pretty sure there are others. 

Tried connecting to a couple of servers from different countries and I haven't had the same issue.

I'm not very techy when it comes to these kind of things but this does not feel normal.

Does this happen for anyone else, is it normal ?

Cheers,
Kar

6 hours ago, kar1nak3 said:

Hi Folks,

I just noticed today that most of the webpages I was going to, especially the ones about shopping knew and were redirecting to the my country's TLD.
I'm using the latest version of the Eddie client on both Windows and MacOS and most of the time I'm using servers from Netherlands. Today I've noticed that quite a few of them leak my country (ran the extended test from DNS Leak). The ones I tested and found with problems are Scuti, Tarazed, Edasich,  and I'm pretty sure there are others. 

Tried connecting to a couple of servers from different countries and I haven't had the same issue.

I'm not very techy when it comes to these kind of things but this does not feel normal.

Does this happen for anyone else, is it normal ?

Cheers,
Kar

Glad you raised the issue because I thought it was only me who was having this problem. Hope we get an answer.

@go558a83nk

No, I don't think that's the problem as I've tried running the extended DNS leak over Chrome, Edge & Safari, all show my country.
Server Aspidiske has the same problem. Tried a couple of non-Netherlands servers and none so far have this problem.

Besides @OhNoNotHimAgain, I'm curious to know if there's anyone else that noticed this.

Hello!

DNS leaks are client side, they have nothing to do with specific servers, obviously.

The method you mention to conclude that your system suffers DNS leaks is not reliable. Please make sure that your browser DNS bypass is disabled and then browse https://ipleak.net to get a more significant set of data to determine whether you have leaks or not.

Kind regards