Not connected, Your IP: 54.208.238.160

eddie update somehow hosed my qbittorrent connection

Since updating, everything else works fine. Browser is okay, etc. but qbittorrent no longer works. Not sure what to do to fix this, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Win 10 64-bit version is being used.

Thanks in advance!

The internet is littered with complaints about qBittorrent 4.2.5, across different platforms both with and without VPNs.  It has nothing to do with Eddie specifically.  Try an older version of qBittorrent, 4.2.3 or lower, or switch to a different client.

I can confirm an increased amount of threads referring to qBittorrent here in the forums, and now that you, Mr. monstrocity, mention it, they all said they were using v4.2.5. Maybe it is qB, after all.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

5 hours ago, monstrocity said:

The internet is littered with complaints about qBittorrent 4.2.5, across different platforms both with and without VPNs.  It has nothing to do with Eddie specifically.  Try an older version of qBittorrent, 4.2.3 or lower, or switch to a different client.

Thing is, it wasn't updating qBittorrent that gave me issues... it was only when I updated eddie. Are you sure eddie isn't the issue?

Not quite, but otherwise we'd see people posting this everywhere here. Can you try a downgrade of qB, please?

1 hour ago, giganerd said:

Not quite, but otherwise we'd see people posting this everywhere here. Can you try a downgrade of qB, please?

Holy fuck... what a simple fix. What the hell is 4.2.5 doing differently that makes it incompatible whereas 4.2.4 is just fine?

Anyway. Thank you so much for killing this headache for me!

Don't know, will look at the changelog.

Thank you too for confirming Mr. monstrocity's observation. :) Now we can warn the rest of the community of upgrading to 4.2.5.

Well, meanwhile I can confirm that connections are really sluggish on v4.2.5, both up and down. Reverting to 4.1.7 from Debian stable actually does not show this behavior.

2 hours ago, Neighbour80 said:

Unfortunately, qB does not have an option to export settings, but here are screenshots.

The textual configuration is held in documented directories. :) Maybe you could upload the qBittorrent.conf file here?

Anyway, I'm thinking about upgrading back to 4.2.5 and setting my settings to yours.
But then I must again recheck all torrents, which needed 1.5 hours for me, and that's on a SSD!

I meant after downgrade, in case your config doesn't work for me. :)

16 hours ago, Neighbour80 said:

I do not sit there watching it, lol.

But that's some top-notch entertainment! You click on the torrent that is checked and watch it rise to 100%. Then you look for the next that is checked and note down how long you needed to find it. You got to beat your own highscores this way. Then you go on the internet and brag about it. That's called corona-class self-entertainment. With internet "leaderboards".
Of course you must make the window as small as 640x480 px, otherwise it's not a challenge. :)

If I happen to get bored, I will test your config and submit to this corona-class entertainment myself. But I think it'll be fixed with 4.2.6 or 4.3, whichever comes next.