Not connected, Your IP: 44.198.57.9
d3adf1sh

weird: torrent client downloading files but still says 0mb?

This is really weird.  I am using qbittorent and most torrents DL fine no problems and everythings normal.  been torrenting for years.   well the other day i add a music torrent and couple different websites say there should be at least a few seeds but it never downloaded.  I tried it again a week later and thought i was adding a different torrent but I guess it was the same one because no new item in the list.  Well after a while I was just about to give up on it and download an MP3 copy (vs flac) and for some reason i clicked on the file and it started playing! It was an CD that was ripped as 1 file with cue sheet but the whole freakin album plays!!!  properties of the file say 296mb / 296mb on disk!  So i guess it did download after all.  but why wouldn't it register in the client that it ever downloaded or had any activity?

anyone else ever had this happen?  and it still says in the client that it's 0mb.   ratio 0.0 .    So heck for all i know if it's downloading w/out telling me it could be uploading too? crazy.  guess i should go to qbittorent's site and ask them.  but still let me know, thanks!  J

Win10 1909
Qbittorent 4.2.5

Does it work without a VPN connection?

Anyway, if you really want to talk about qBittorrent here, make sure you're doing it exactly like this. Hell of a bug report, I cry out of joy :D

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 6/16/2020 at 2:47 PM, giganerd said:

Does it work without a VPN connection?

heck if i know!  :)   not gonna test it either.   well not too sure about qbt anymore.   didn't like it when my ip check file didn't work correctly either!  so any recommendations on torrent clients that work best with air?

qB and Deluge are recommended all the time around here.

It becomes more and more evident that the problem lies with this specific version 4.2.5 of qB. If you can, downgrade one or two bugfix releases back and try again.

I am mostly an uploader. I tried qbittorrent 3 weeks before after hearing it quite often here and on other sides. Dont know if it was the version giganerd mentioned. But with my tests, it was really unrelaiable with uploads. My BiglyBT was way faster in connecting and uploading to the same torrents (and other torrents of course to have clean connections without others knowing me already over peer exchange ect) and clients i tried with qbittorrent. BiglyBT is like BitTyrant, which was modded Azureus after his "bad" successor Vuze appeared.

Yes, I got to witness the same symptoms with qB v4.2.5 as you describe, Mr. Camponotus – all connections are really sluggish. I reverted to v4.1.5 from Debian stable and everything is back in working order, except that qB wants to recheck all torrents again.