Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.114.38
Sign in to follow this  

more non-m247 swedish servers

Your m247 servers are great. With one exception. Sweden.

My suggestion is to add more swedish servers that are not m247 or switch some to Altushost.

The four Altushost ones work great.
I'm often getting only a couple of mbit/s from the m247 servers while getting 100s of megabits from the four Altushost servers.

It does seem like I'm not the only one to notice that the m247 ones somehow suck. There are about 5x more people connected to the Altushost servers than the m247 servers

Lupus, Norma, Ain and Capricornus pretty much always have 100-150+ people connected.

And then of course they get more than their share of the heavy load/traffic.

Compare this to the m247 ones. They have 15-30 people connected at any time.

I realized after writing this and connecting to some of the other servers that the slower ones are not m247 company, but Kustbandet

swe.png

Agree and confirm. My experience with the Kustbandnet servers in Uppsala is much worse than with the ones in Stockholm, unfortunately.
I don´t understand why they distributed the servers like this considering the huge difference in usage.

On 6/5/2020 at 3:33 AM, HannaForest said:

Agree and confirm. My experience with the Kustbandnet servers in Uppsala is much worse than with the ones in Stockholm, unfortunately.
I don´t understand why they distributed the servers like this considering the huge difference in usage.

They didn't distribute it that way intentionally. At first, for a few years the only servers they had in Sweden were those Uppsala ones, so they had a lot of those, and then more recently, the Stockholm servers run by AltusHost were added.