Not connected, Your IP: 18.189.14.219

Sorry if I posted this on troubleshooting since that's more of a technical question but I couldn't find a more appropriate sub...
Anyway I had a doubt regarding port forwarding, I need to open a certain port but when I'm doing so I'm not sure of what local port should I use cause, infact, I'm not even sure how a local port affects the port I'm looking to open for the VPN connection, I've made myself a theory and it would be cool if someone could explain me if I'm right; I guess that the local port is going to be the open port on my home connection that will be taken in consideration when the VPN is going to forward packets coming thought the port I opened to my connection. 😡
I hope you guys understood what I'm trying to say, I know what I'm thinking but it's hard for me to explain what I have in the head cause I'm a total noob regarding port forwarding and I couldn't really find a well made explanation of the meaning of local port; thanks for the answers!!

1 hour ago, blackheart<3 said:

I guess that the local port is going to be the open port on my home connection that will be taken in consideration when the VPN is going to forward packets coming thought the port I opened to my connection. 😡
I hope you guys understood what I'm trying to say,

The local port is where connections on the remote port to the AirVPN server are forwarded to. Say, you forwarded remote port 9000 to local port 80. Anyone connecting on port 9000 to the AirVPN server will reach whatever is listening on port 80 of the machine connected to AirVPN.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

11 hours ago, giganerd said:

The local port is where connections on the remote port to the AirVPN server are forwarded to. Say, you forwarded remote port 9000 to local port 80. Anyone connecting on port 9000 to the AirVPN server will reach whatever is listening on port 80 of the machine connected to AirVPN.
Ok, thank you, that's exacly what I was thinking! 😁