Not connected, Your IP: 18.206.187.81

my access will expire in 16 days.
Except the buggy nooby written c#  Eddie , i was happy from Airvpn.
However Airvpn is taken more and more new members in the years and the only good thing is gone.
Be honest   the servers are overloaded.
I need a fast ping for gaming and don't want to leave the game in the middle because there are to much users meanwhile in the server, having to disconnect an reconnect...later the same.
Are there plans to stabilize the servers like it was in the past.
Yes or no...don't explain how many servers there are, i don't care.
 ping + speed on one server without having to disconnect and reconnect to a other server.
That's a good VPN and my question.
Otherways after all the good time's 16 days and i am gone, there is a limit.
i prefer paying more 4 a GOOD vpn 

1 hour ago, UpdatingLine said:

How did you get the idea they are overloaded? Have you ever seen the status page with the vast majority of servers being chronically underwhelmed bandwidth-wise?
Are you aware that your own setup (software, computer, connection, network, router, ISP,..) has much more influence on your experience than anything around here?

However Airvpn is taken more and more new members in the years and the only good thing is gone.

Why is it a bad thing to get better known and therefore more users?

If you don't want to listen, why should we, the community, take you seriously with your problems?

Anyway, if you like to troubleshoot this, let us know.

» I am not an AirVPN team member. All opinions are my own and are not to be considered official. Only the AirVPN Staff account should be viewed as such.

» The forums is a place where you can ask questions to the community. You are not entitled to guaranteed answer times. Answer quality may vary, too. If you need professional support, please create tickets.

» If you're new, take some time to read LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN. On questions, use the search function first. On errors, search for the error message instead.

» If you choose to create a new thread, keep in mind that we don't know your setup. Give info about it. Never forget the OpenVPN logs or, for Eddie, the support file (Logs > lifebelt icon).

» The community kindly asks you to not set up Tor exit relays when connected to AirVPN. Their IP addresses are subject to restrictions and these are relayed to all users of the affected servers.

» Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. If you overdo privacy, chances are you will be unique amond the mass again.

2 hours ago, UpdatingLine said:

my access will expire in 16 days.
Except the buggy nooby written c#  Eddie , i was happy from Airvpn.
I need a fast ping for gaming and don't want to leave the game in the middle because there are to much users meanwhile in the server, having to disconnect an reconnect...later the same.
Are there plans to stabilize the servers like it was in the past.
 ping + speed on one server without having to disconnect and reconnect to a other server.
Otherways after all the good time's 16 days and i am gone, there is a limit.
i prefer paying more 4 a GOOD vpn 

Server load wouldn't affect "ping" until the server was completely smashed.  They aren't typically like that.  You can check for yourself.

More likely is your ISP has become more unstable as of late due to increased demand during covid problems.

@giganerd you forget
 it says everything,  no problem for me.... other  and serious vpn.

@go558a83nk i don't have  to switch from isp several times a day for better speed. That's impossible  
The fast servers are overloaded and and  that's a Airvpn problem.
Ok NP Airpvn don't want to admit it.
And i don't extend my account anymore.
Lets see the next black friday.
take more people than your capacities, your killing you self.
From my part  Bye bye Airvpn there are many Vpn providers

[removed ads]

I use AirVPN from a VPS as well as from home. Occasionally I have used a VPS to see what sort of throughput I could get on a server when I am not limited by my ISP and their peering. I have never seen an issue.

If you want to substantiate your claim, maybe use a VPS (you can pay by the hour at various places) to put some stress on the server you think is overloaded. Then people here may take you seriously.

Having said that, it is not impossible that AirVPN is unusable with your ISP. If so then you have to do what you have to do.

5 hours ago, UpdatingLine said:
@giganerd you forget
 it says everything,  no problem for me.... other  and serious vpn. And you are a moderator here... oh hell    

@go558a83nk i don't have  to switch from isp several times a day for better speed. That's impossible  
The fast servers are overloaded and and  that's a Airvpn problem.
Ok NP Airpvn don't want to admit it.
And i don't extend my account anymore.
Lets see the next black friday.
take more people than your capacities, your killing you self.
From my part  Bye bye Airvpn there are many Vpn providers and thanks 
giganerd for real stupid answer.

show us which servers you use that are overloaded. like I said, for it to affect ping it would have to be near 100%.

3 hours ago, giganerd said:

How did you get the idea they are overloaded? Have you ever seen the status page with the vast majority of servers being chronically underwhelmed bandwidth-wise?
Are you aware that your own setup (software, computer, connection, network, router, ISP,..) has much more influence on your experience than anything around here?
This is true of course but I don´t think it is completely correct to refer to the most servers as it depends strongly on the location. While the average network load is not high, Austria has been experiencing a very high load for several weeks now. And while Sweden has an average 20-30% bandwith usage, this never applies to the four Stockholm servers which have 100+ users and a very high load most of the time. So it depends.
Being able to connect to specific servers/locations might be of importance for some users.

(my definition of "overloaded" is 66%+, reserving 1/3 for redundancy purposes and sudden traffic peaks.)

server load won't affect ping unless it's 90% capacity or higher.  And frankly even then it may not be affected since you can see that many of the servers can go over their 1000mbit/s limit.  So, the real max capability is something greater than 1000mbit/s.

I recall a few years ago comments by staff that the CPU core used by an OpenVPN server instance may be maxed out well before the max bandwidth allowed by the NIC is reached. But they could not see how to put a % of this limit in the status page for each server. I could not find these posts. Too far back to be easily found. I believe they emphasized at the time that they felt the status page information was still useful for selecting a server.

I believe this is why they went to running an OpenVPN server instance on each CPU core with a load-balancing front-end. There is a mention of the load-balancing among these instances in this post by staff:

https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/28494-tunnel-private-subnet-changed/?tab=comments#comment-75305

I don't recall ever seeing a post announcing and explaining this.

My point is that a CPU may be effectively maxed out because the CPU is fully occupied with encryption/decryption before the NIC is maxed out. So you may have to take the information on the status page with a grain of salt.

@UpdatingLine

and all the readers. Some relevant, raw data (note: we have removed your URL, an attempt to publish ads masked by a web search with DuckDuckGo).

April 2018
Average simultaneous sessions: 15259

Average bandwidth provided by VPN servers: 48162 Mbit/s
Infrastructure capacity: 211900 Mbit/s

April 2019
Average simultaneous sessions: 15374
Average bandwidth provided by VPN servers: 51179 Mbit/s
Infrastructure capacity: 216400 Mbit/s

April 2020
Average simultaneous sessions: 16134
Average bandwidth provided by VPN servers: 69774 Mbit/s
Infrastructure capacity: 236900 Mbit/s

Above information is more than enough to prove you definitely wrong: in 2 years, increase of 6% in concurrent sessions was replied by an increase of 12% in available bandwidth, while the average effectively provided bandwidth has increased by 45%

All of the above proves that the related claims of the OP are entirely false. We could provide even more data, but first we need to see that the counterpart is in good faith, otherwise the effort would translate into wasted time.

Kind regards

Iam connected from Germany middle west via a server from Sweden. The latency is only up to around 60ms from 20-30ms. As long as the game doesnt "require" a lower latency, i dont disconnect. I dont even know where the gameservers are from the games and it wasnt really higher than in Teamspeak.

I can only speak for europeans, but for us i think, as long as the gameserver is in europe, its a lot under 100ms. Of course we get in trouble with US and Asia Gameservers even without being connected via a VPN from a different country.

Somebody asked me, why i can play with vpn and he couldnt.  He was connected over a Chinese server, while playing on a german gameserver...  :D