Not connected, Your IP: 3.237.87.69
deguito18090

With Network Manager IPv6 is still visible

Hi all,

I use Network Manager to configure my VPN with Linux, I generated the configuration with "Config Generator" and I imported it into the VPN section of Network Manager but if i check my ip on ipleak.net only IPv4 is under AirVPN.

Is there a solution of this problem?

Thanks to all,

Not a problem at all. When you generate your config, tick Advanced Mode and make sure IP layer exit is set to Both. You could also switch Connect with IP layer to IPv6, but the first option should suffice.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Posted ... (edited)
7 hours ago, giganerd said:

Not a problem at all. When you generate your config, tick Advanced Mode and make sure IP layer exit is set to Both. You could also switch Connect with IP layer to IPv6, but the first option should suffice.

Hi, thanks. I followed your guide but if I chose Both ,only IPv4 is hidden under VPN and if i switch Connect with IP layer  i obtain

The file "AirVPN.ovpn" could not be read or does not contain recognized VPN connection information. Error: Key file contains line "client" which is not a key-value pair, group, or comment

It seems to be a bug like thease:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/30037-cannot-set-up-ipv6-connection-with-linux-network-manager/
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/issues/130
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/NetworkManager-openvpn/issues/18

if I use
sudo openvpn AirVPN.ovpn
All works fine.
Is there a solution for Network Manager? Edited ... by deguito18090

According to a few sources on the internet NetworkManager does not support inline keys. Or did, supposedly fixed in 2016 or so. The Ubuntu NetworkManager post seems to suggest something similar, but there nm-gui crashes altogether.
But I'd like to test the inline keys thing. When you generate your config, tick Advanced Mode and then Separate keys/certs from openvpn file on the side. Try to reimport.

it works quite well on Debian with KDE, but there are other security and functionality problems. All in all one can conclude that nm-openvpn is quite a bad choice, even if it's convenient, so think about it again before really using it.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.