Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.187.24
Sign in to follow this  
letsbfree

Configure usenet with Viscosity on Mac

Hi.

I have a subscription with Giganews and I would like to know how i can configure viscosity with it. Can you please tell me how I can go about doing that.

Thank you.

Hi.

I have a subscription with Giganews and I would like to know how i can configure viscosity with it. Can you please tell me how I can go about doing that.

Thank you.

Hello!

Viscosity is an OpenVPN GUI/wrapper. With our configuration generator (menu "Member Area"->"Access without our client") you can generate all the files Viscosity needs to connect to AirVPN servers.

Once you are connected to an Air server, just access the newsgroups as you would normally do. No client or "Usenet browser" specific configuration is necessary. Please make sure to run the client AFTER you have connected to the VPN.

Kind regards

Unfortunately its not working on its own. I am using Unison and if I disconnect from Viscosity, I am connected immediately and if I connect to viscosity and try connecting , I am not connecting. Please help!

Unfortunately its not working on its own. I am using Unison and if I disconnect from Viscosity, I am connected immediately and if I connect to viscosity and try connecting , I am not connecting. Please help!

Hello!

Unison is an NNTP client, so it works over a VPN without any particular configuration. Maybe the Unison logs can help shed light on the issue, can you please send them to us?

Does any other application connect to the Internet without problems when you're connected to an Air server?

Kind regards

This is probably really stupid of me, but I cant find the Unison logs anywhere. Any idea where they might be located? Thanks.

ok, so i just spoke to the support from giganews. and what he told me is that giganews is blocking all ips from lease web due to spam, etc. how can this be fixed?

ok, so i just spoke to the support from giganews. and what he told me is that giganews is blocking all ips from lease web due to spam, etc. how can this be fixed?

Hello!

So it's a Giganews problem. We will not comment on that at the moment.

On our side, connect to one of the following non-Leaseweb servers:

Aquarii (Switzerland) [EDIT: NO LONGER AVAILABLE, please use Virginis instead]

Geminorum (Switzerland)

Herculis (Luxembourg)

Serpentis (Sweden)

Bootis (United Kingdom)

Cassiopeia (United Kingdom)

Arietis (USA)

Vega (USA)

Please feel free to let us know if this fixed the "problem".

Kind regards

Yep i know this is definitely a Giganews problem. Everything is working well now. I am on their free trial at the moment and dont think I would be going ahead with them. Thank you for fixing the "problem"!