Not connected, Your IP: 3.88.60.5
jpinks

Had to reinstall Eddie Windows 10 wont load eddie?

Hey I had to redownload Eddie after Win 10 updated.  I installed it just fine but now when I try to start Eddie it gives me the splash screen  Eddie Open VPN Ui  starting platform and stops and doesnt go any further.   What have I forgotten to do???

I noticed there was a feature update for Windows 10 available this week on some computers of my family. Could be 2003, 20H1 or whatever they call the builds now. Is that what you installed? Can you please execute winver and check?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

No answer to this post?
Ive spent ages working through problems with the latest version and this is the last one.

I get the usual Win 10 warning about unauthorised programs and running Eddie with admin privileges doesnt help.
Ive now got two entries in Startup, no idea which to use either so both set to ON.

Version    10.0.18363 Build 18363

Now that some time has passed, someone suggested to disable Fast Startup somewhere in the forums. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hiya.

Did you know if you have Hibernation turned off its not possible to check or uncheck Fast Startup?
Lunacy.!
I had to re-enable hibernation just to find I'm not using Fast Startup!
Anyway, looking thru other probs I decided to remove all configuration, delete Eddie profile, delete Eddie, remove TAP, clear registry and start afresh.

I'm still having to click past the splashscreen.

Ho Hum. I might try the beta version, instead.

FWIW I also tried latest beta release, and that  just went into a connection loop.

I'm now back on 2.16.x and everything is working normally.

Sorry to say this has all been a great waste of time.

Maybe I can help you with this. To be clear, are you on 1803 or 1909? If you are currently on 1803, you need to update it since 1803 is two years ago. and 1909 is the current version.

On 5/10/2020 at 9:51 AM, Krebbin said:

I get the usual Win 10 warning about unauthorised programs and running Eddie with admin privileges doesnt help.
Ive now got two entries in Startup, no idea which to use either so both set to ON.

The warning I would assumed you are talking about Windows Defender SmartScreen? If that is the case, then I am curious why Windows Defender is throwing the warning every time you open? Possible there is an issue with Windows Defenders that is likely causing problem with the newest version of Eddie? Did you check Windows Defenders to see if something is amiss?

On 5/13/2020 at 1:03 PM, Krebbin said:

I'm still having to click past the splashscreen.

Can you check Event Viewer to see if there is something that it logged the issue? Press Start button, then type and click on Event Viewer. When the Event Viewer is open, expand Windows Logs then click Application. Give it a moment to load all of the events, do not worry if the app suddenly non-responsive. Just give it a time to load them all. It can take up to 10 minutes. Once it loaded, scan through the list to see if you have errors. If you know the date and time when this problem occurred, it will be easier to find the error than scanning through the list because Application views have all the programs in one list. You can use the Filter options in Actions sidebar. Click on Filter Current Log... then in that dialog, tick Critical, Warning and Error then click ok. The list will be shorter and easy for you to find. You should be looking for something related to Eddie, check the description that included Eddie-UI.exe. Hopefully it is logged that it would give a hint of what is going on. Can you find the report?

On 5/16/2020 at 1:31 PM, Krebbin said:

FWIW I also tried latest beta release, and that  just went into a connection loop.

Did you turn on the network lock before connecting? If you did, try to connect without the network lock enabled. It is likely that it need the server list to for it to know which to connect. Once it connected, you can disconnect the VPN then re-enable Network Lock, then it should be working normally. If that is not the case, then you need to post Eddie log which will provide us the clue of what is happening with Eddie.

Terribly sorry. I didn't see your reply till today. I had just settled back into normal life!

I am about to upgrade Windows to 2004! I shall then experiment with your recommendations.

Many thanks, col.

I had issues with all virtual network adapters (VPN included) after the last Win 10 2004 update.
I had to uninstall/reinstall OpenVPN drivers and the wintun drivers to get all things running.
As far as I am concerned, these issues are not an Eddie bug/issue, they are caused by OpenVPN driver (as usual 🙄)...

7 hours ago, puccettone said:

they are caused by OpenVPN driver (as usual 🙄)...

To be fair, Windows have a habit of breaking things after a update, espisically of what happen with Windows 1910 update fiasco. This always happen in every major update, even some KB updates will affect them. Technically, they are caused by Windows.