Not connected, Your IP: 3.239.96.229
OlDirty

RARBG trackers no longer working

Hi all,

Since a couple weeks that RARBG tracks are no longer working for me:
image.thumb.png.37908132f540078abc2db09e0901ff24.png
Is anyone else having the same issues? If I disable the VPN and network lock that they start working again...

I'm using Musicda and Chara as AirVPN servers.

Thanks!

They haven't worked regularly for me for years. You're lucky that they did for the VPN servers you use.  This is just the tracker blocking VPN servers.  There may be nothing that Air can do about it.

DHT and PEX still work.

Is there a way to switch to DHT / PEX and still have working RARBG torrent downloads using AirVPN?
Or any other way around without giving up going through my VPN?

image.png.41d96ca05d46b1102d8a91fb14aec129.png
It already is... but still not working...

Just noticed that Limetorrent / ETTV torrents are no longer working either...

Same thing using BitTorrent 7.10.3 on Windows 7 x64 (via OpenVPN client) and Transmission 2.94 on FreeNAS 11.3-U2.1 -- opentrackr.org:1337 works, leechers-paradise.org:6969 works, but rarbg.me and rarbg.to don't, regardless of the port. I have the listening port forwarded correctly through the administration panel and set correctly in my torrent client settings. yougetsignal.com confirms that my port is reachable. Ideas? I'm currently on this 3-day trial...

@pringless As stated in older posts here, if those trackers work, it's considered an exception. It has nothing to do with your setup, the trackers simply block VPN IP addresses.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

@giganerd That is pretty weird because I checked my client again today and - despite no changes in the config and no jail restarts, only one tunnel reconnection and a few soft TLS resets (as found in the OpenVPN log) - most of the trackers light up green. So I doubt rarbg was explicitly blocking Air's exit addresses and suddenly decided to unblock them.

ICMP is not blocked, so they might show up green because ping succeeds. Maybe that's why.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I can confirm that rarbg trackers will not connect through VPN. I contacted rarbg and it seems they think I have no right to understand the "why". They say enable DHT and PeX instead even though this simply attracts 10x 20x more leechers sharing nothing grabbing everything and far far less peers sharing than there are with trackers connected and DHT PeX not enabled!
As an example, one rarbg torrent with DHT and PeX enabled - it's the same for every one of their torrents - after 48hrs, 250 peers banned manually, only one peer sharing and only two 100% seeding total down speed only 227KiB/s whereas total up speed constantly hitting 4MiB/s!
Rarbg don't seem to be interested that not using a VPN opens up our activity to our ISP which in turn opens us up to cease and desist notices and claims!
Best answer is to look elsewhere for content even though that in itself is a drag given rarbg content is so extensive.
Hopefully other sites will catch-on and fix this self-inflicted rarbg no sense nonsense.

In qBittorrent I have a list of public torrent trackers automatically added to each new torrent I grab.  You can also use the search engine in qBittorrent.  If you set it up with Jackett, you can find most of their torrents hosted elsewhere and using better trackers.  Even before their trackers stopped working, a typical torrent would list thousands of seeders and leechers, yet none of them were sharing anything. Their website is also sketchy AF with extensive fingerprinting baked into their "threat defence" captcha redirect.  Avoid.