Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.40.97
jmanso

ANSWERED Port Forwarding Not Functioning after Eddie Update

Hello there, I've been using AirVPN for a few years now to great success. I recently discovered my Eddie client was terribly out of date, so I went ahead and updated it. After doing so, my port forwarding functionality seems to have stopped. Does anyone know what might be the cause?

I mainly use the port forwarding for my qBittorrent client. I've attached some screenshots and logs, but I'm happy to provide more info. Thanks in advance!
image.png.707523940fba66bec9ffaa4528754611.png
image.thumb.png.f098953a234614faee9ba4e498d63ced.png

EddieLog.txt

This is quite an exemplary forum post: Short description, pictures and logs. Quite perfect, if my assumption that you didn't try doing anything yet is correct.

Have you tried forwarding a new random port? Reconfigure qBittorrent after it, then close it and disconnect. Reconnect, relaunch, retest, report. :D

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

If you're being sarcastic, I'm having difficulty detecting it. Maybe your sarcasm ports are not being forwarded? :P

I've tried adding a new port and updating qBitTorrent, adding qBitTorrent + Eddie to my (Windows 10) firewall exceptions and restarting my computer. Nothing has seemed to make a difference. Only other hiccup was difficulty getting Eddie to connect. I had to change my "Internet Protocol used for connection" setting to "IPv4, IPv6" and the Layer IPv6 to "Block"

Just now, jmanso said:

If you're being sarcastic, I'm having difficulty detecting it. Maybe your sarcasm ports are not being forwarded? :P

No, I'm serious. It's rare to have all the info to work with right away, so it's more like a compliment. Sorry if that wasn't clear. :)

1 minute ago, jmanso said:

I had to change my "Internet Protocol used for connection" setting to "IPv4, IPv6" and the Layer IPv6 to "Block"

Very interesting. Are you by any chance using qBittorrent 4.2.0+?

There were a few interesting changelog entries for 4.2.0 regarding connectivity (IPv6 for example). But maybe they are unrelated and we should focus on the Eddie client? Let's see what to do.
Can you try a connection with vanilla OpenVPN?

I've never used OpenVPN before, but after following the instructions and setting it up, qBitTorrent started working immediately (yay!). Looks like the issue is with Eddie, though I'm still not quite sure what it is... Anything else I can provide to try and narrow down the issue?

Backup your configuration file from AppData/Local/Eddie/ directory somewhere, Desktop or so. Delete it, then launch Eddie again and only enter your credentials. Connect to the best recommended server, even if it's on Mars, then see what qBittorrent is doing.

Okay. Please post support files instead of logs now. It's the lifebelt icon in the Logs tab. They contain the logs, too, but also gives info about library versions, prints the routing table and the interface config, etc.
Can you disable Network Lock and the DNS switching in the settings and try again, please?

I've seen from other VPN that it's qbittorrent that's at fault.  Rollback to older qbittorrent and things start to work again.

I figured out the problem, I had originally set qBittorrent to only use the Network Interface controlled by Eddie to ensure torrents always went through the VPN. Updating Eddie must have changed the original Network Interface on my computer. Re-assigning to the correct Network Interface has resolved the issue. Picture attached for the setting I needed to change.

Thank you for your help!

image.png.c52fb2a35a8188e1f0b94a8349865454.png