Not connected, Your IP: 18.212.102.174
Staff

Eddie Desktop 2.19beta released

2 hours ago, misam said:
Small bug: Eddie icon stays gray in tray, instead of blue, even if connection is active and working.
Also, main window goes frozen and shows no time passing, no upload nor dowload bits. But connection works.

Fedora33 KDE spin with Plasma 5.20.

I get this with an error report saying "mono crashed" written to home directory.
Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

Just happened while typing the last message. The Eddie icon has disappeared from the tray completely.

Mac folks might be out of the water soon. On another Mac forum, a user was having the same issues with VyprVPNs client as well. It's not Eddie, it's whatever this bug is with DNS tunnels and encryption that happens to affect network extensions and VPNs. Apparently the beta for 11.1 fixed the issue with Vypr and Little Snitch so it sounds like Apple sorted it out. Hopefully its out soon, 11.1 started beta testing the week Big Sur was released. I knew I should've stayed in the beta program!

Since 2.19.5 beta - current as well - it's quite strange of a behavior when using Hummingbird. 
When trying to connect to a server, it hangs for roughly 300s on "checking route IPv4", before it retries or accepts my "cancel".
Any way to speed this up? The "lightning speed" of Hummingbird is gone - hope it get's an update soon, since Air's fork of ovpn3 is active.
For now I went back to OpenVPN 2.5.0 which works.

System: macOS 10.15.7

@Maggie144

Hello!

Route check is performed by Eddie, not by Hummingbird. Can you please run Hummingbird alone, without Eddie, and check whether you still have the delay you report during a connection? If you determine that the delay is caused exclusively by Eddie route check, and you keep Network Lock enabled, you can safely disable route check and save a lot of time. Route check is redundant when Network Lock is enabled. You can disable route check in Eddie Preferences > Advanced window. De-tick "Check if tunnel works" item and click "Save".

Currently, Hummingbird 1.1.1 beta 2 is being tested publicly in Linux, When a stable version is released, it will be ported to macOS too.

Kind regards

@Staff 

thanks for the fast reply. Applied the setting in Eddie and can now use Hummingbird again with lightning speed.
When running Hummingbird alone it's also fast.
But prefer to use Eddie until Hummingbird is able to automatically select the server of a given country with the lowest latency.

11 hours ago, Staff said:
@Maggie144

Hello!

Thanks, glad to hear the problem is resolved. The feature you mention is available in Goldcrest+Bluetit https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/48435-linux-new-software-airvpn-suite-10-beta/. They will be ported to macOS too, in 2021 first quarter.

Kind regards

Great news. Will this replace Eddie when its released or just add an alternative?? Im still waiting for Mac OS 11.1 to get released to run Eddie again (Im using Viscosity right now to connect), but man Eddie runs at lightning speed with Hummingbird. Cant wait to get back to that again!

MAcOS 11.1 is out.  Looks like it has fixed the issues with Little Snitch and Eddie.  All seems to work fine now on my Macbook Air running Big Sur 11.1.

3 hours ago, pwolverine said:

MAcOS 11.1 is out.  Looks like it has fixed the issues with Little Snitch and Eddie.  All seems to work fine now on my Macbook Air running Big Sur 11.1.

Working here so far too! Little Snitch is watchdogging away, Eddie is up and running, network lock is active. Third connection so far and still no kernel panics, errors, hiccups whatsoever. Its all back to normal.

Now I have to go reset up all my routes and prefs again since I wiped them troubleshooting Apple's own problem.