Not connected, Your IP: 3.91.19.28
Staff

Eddie Desktop 2.19beta released

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new Eddie Air client version has been released: 2.19beta. It is ready for public beta testing.

How to test our experimental release:

• Go to download page of your OS
  • Click on Other versions

client-experimental-howto-1.png

• Click on Experimental

client-experimental-howto-2.png

• Look at the changelog if you wish
  • Download and install

Please see the changelog:

https://eddie.website/changelog/?software=client&format=html

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS AS A BETA VERSION.
Don't use it for real connection, it's only for those who want to collaborate to the project as beta-tester.

This version contains some bug fixes (in Windows and some OS X and macOS versions) we discovered after 2.18.9 stable version had been released. You don't need to download it if you don't have any issue with the latest stable release.

Version 2.19.0 (Tue, 07 Apr 2020 13:11:42 +0000)

• [bugfix] - Windows, Custom DNS
  • [change] - Windows, DNS, switch only UP network adapter
  • [bugfix] - MacOS, fix PKG package (relocation disabled)
  • [bugfix] - MacOS, fix signature issue with older Yosemite

Installer hanged for me when installing the CLI elevated, had to stop it in task manager before running installer again (win10)

Thanks a lot for this update!
Now Eddie works like a charm with wintun drivers 😉
I had issues with other sw (e.g. NextDNS) because of TAP drivers, now everything is fine.
Just a question (maybe very stupid, but I don't want to be again in a mess with TAP drivers...).
I use portable version of Eddie UI, which I set up to use the wintun drivers. In the Eddie folder I see there is also the CLI version, Eddie-CLI.exe. Does the CLI version share the same settings of UI?
I suppose yes, but I'd like to be 100% sure about this before I try it: I don't want to unistall/install again all TAP drivers, network interfaces and sw everytime I want to use Eddie or NextDNS...

I risk sounding stupid, but here it goes

is SSH/SSL tunnel TCP or UDP?

If UDP, any chance to make it TCP? My connections drops often on UDP

Version 2.19.1 (Sat, 18 Apr 2020 11:14:36 +0000)

• [bugfix] Linux - Fix issue with Network Lock IPv6-only incoming whitelist
  • [bugfix] - http-100-continue issue
  • [bugfix] - Special condition elevation checks (may resolve "Unable to start (no-socket)" issues).
  • [change] - Removed curl binary dependencies
  • [new] Linux - New Network Lock with nftables (if nft is present, it is used by default in "Automatic" mode)
  • [new] Windows - New option "Use wintun driver (OpenVPN>=2.5)" under "Preferences -> Advanced" automates ovpn directive

Seeing your notice of the 2.19.1 beta, I downloaded it and attempted to install it.  On my system (the Ubuntu 20.04 release candidate, running Wayland), which had been running Eddie 2.19.0 (as well as previous versions before), the installation process seemed to go well, but then I was unable to open Eddie.  I got a quick flash telling me it was opening, but then nothing.  I tried rebooting, still no luck.  I uninstalled it, then reinstalled 2.19.0, and it is working fine again.

9 minutes ago, Grindle222 said:

Seeing your notice of the 2.19.1 beta, I downloaded it and attempted to install it.  On my system (the Ubuntu 20.04 release candidate, running Wayland), which had been running Eddie 2.19.0 (as well as previous versions before), the installation process seemed to go well, but then I was unable to open Eddie.  I got a quick flash telling me it was opening, but then nothing.  I tried rebooting, still no luck.  I uninstalled it, then reinstalled 2.19.0, and it is working fine again.

Same for me here; also running Ubuntu 20.04.

Installation went fine, but then upon opening, the splash window appears and then disappears again.

EDIT: Tried to open eddie-ui in a root-terminal; this is the output of the CLI:

Unable to initialize native library. Maybe a CPU architecture issue.
. 2020.04.18 17:47:49 - Shutdown in progress
. 2020.04.18 17:47:49 - Shutdown complete

Hope this helps.

AMD Ryzen 3950X @ 105W PPL

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite

AMD RX 5700 XT

Corsair DDR4-3200 32GB

17 minutes ago, Grindle222 said:

8 minutes ago, BlueBanana said:

EDIT: Tried to open eddie-ui in a root-terminal; this is the output of the CLI:

Unable to initialize native library. Maybe a CPU architecture issue.
. 2020.04.18 17:47:49 - Shutdown in progress
. 2020.04.18 17:47:49 - Shutdown complete

Can reproduce on

$ uname -a
Linux hostname 5.5.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.5.13-2 (2020-03-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

2 hours ago, Clodo said:

Version 2.19.1 (Sat, 18 Apr 2020 11:14:36 +0000)

• [bugfix] Linux - Fix issue with Network Lock IPv6-only incoming whitelist
  • [bugfix] - http-100-continue issue
  • [bugfix] - Special condition elevation checks (may resolve "Unable to start (no-socket)" issues).
  • [change] - Removed curl binary dependencies
  • [new] Linux - New Network Lock with nftables (if nft is present, it is used by default in "Automatic" mode)
  • [new] Windows - New option "Use wintun driver (OpenVPN>=2.5)" under "Preferences -> Advanced" automates ovpn directive

For the wintun option do I need to install openvpn 2.5 (thus the wintun driver) manually or does this version of eddie install it automatically?

Installation went fine, but then upon opening, the splash window appears and then disappears again.

Same here on Buster.  2.19.0 was running perfectly on this end.

Clodo ----[new] Linux - New Network Lock with nftables (if nft is present, it is used by default in "Automatic" mode)

Does this mean that I could add nft to a Buster system and then block all incoming and outgoing during boot of my system?  Proceeding:

My wish list   ---------------- > After booting the system ONLY Eddie could gain a connection leaving no chance for an accidental connection outside of the tunnel.  Before upgrading to Buster I could do that on Stretch using UFW (IP tables frontend).  Just asking!

ps - I want to use Eddie and not have to enter individual IP's for the servers I use while creating the firewall.  Just a general closed system where Eddie creates the way out and then writes back my firewall upon exit.

Eddie 2.19.1 beta immediately crashes on Linux Mint 19.3.  Sorry.  Unable to post logs because the UI just force closes - reverted back to 2.18.9 stable. 

22 hours ago, go558a83nk said:

For the wintun option do I need to install openvpn 2.5 (thus the wintun driver) manually or does this version of eddie install it automatically?

good point, everything should be automated

We cleaned the above post on Linux build crash for simplicity's sake. We have detected the issue and we are working to resolve it.

Guys, on the new version on the log-in page of Eddie, that nice padlock symbol that shadow reflects behind it has disappeared. Can we have that back please? It looked nice as a design. Also, I'm unable to resize the Eddie window, on Eddie 2.16.3 this was easily done by going to the edge and just dragging the side closer or wider. These should be easy to implement. :)

Now the difficult bit.
In Eddie, under "Microsoft Windows Only", there are two boxes. "Uninstall standard driver" and the wintun driver box that is shaded grey at the moment. For the future updates, if feasible, can we install both drivers in the installation stage and from that part in Eddie we can select which driver it should use? That way we can check with which driver it performs best.

If I should post this somewhere, please let me know.

All the best with the design and thanks for the hard-work behind the scenes.

issues I encountered w/ this beta on Win 10 LTSC:

(1) cannot resize GUI other than making it larger
(2) the auto TAP driver upgrade from 2.23.x to 2.24.x failed - GUI froze/hung for 2 mins (disabled that option in prefs then, once GUI was responsive again)

I was going to use wintun driver anyways, which I successfully did - DL speed doubled.

Version 2.19.2 (Tue, 21 Apr 2020 12:42:14 +0000)

• [bugfix] - Linux - Fixed crash at startup
  • [bugfix] - Windows - Fixed an issue about detection of wintun driver
Other feedbacks are under investigation. Thx.

6 hours ago, BlueBanana said:

Hmm, when i go to Ubunu/Debian -> Other Versions -> Experimental, nothing happens when i click the download button...

Yep, I got exactly the same: nothing happens when I click the download button.  I, too, am using - or trying to use - the Debian/Ubuntu version.
(Just to check things out further, I checked and found that the download button works with the OpenSUSE and Fedora versions, and so I suspect for the rest of the Linux OSes, too. 
That's no help for those of us using Debian/Ubuntu, of course.)

2 hours ago, Clodo said:

linux .deb x64 resolved, thx, my apologies, an issue in deployment system.

I just downloaded it and installed it.  Thanks!  So far, so good.